About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgans Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The worlds most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The JP Morgan Fund Accounting Team provides a range of services to mutual fund & pension clients based in Europe. The Fund Accountant (FA) is responsible for the day-to-day production, validation & delivery of Financial Statements of Accounts & Net Asset Value (NAV) that are delivered to clients & sub-advisors. A broad knowledge of fund accounting is required as the FA takes ownership for the accuracy of all accounting and investment components of the financial statements.
Primary responsibility of the FA is the maintenance of accurate accounting and securities records for each fund administered, ensuring all prescribed controls are adhered to for each fund accounting process (e.g. position reconciliation, asset pricing, security trading, income & expense processing etc.).
Problem-solving investigation & resolution where accounting or securities transactions breach the validation tolerances of the JP Morgan Exception Management System (EMS).
Timeliness of NAV production, accounting validation and management escalation, in the event of issues, is essential to the success of the individual’s and team’s performance.
- Ensure adherence of operational procedures to complete task in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the supervisors in the objective to provide top quality operations in support of this global business.
- Document procedures and identify requirements for additional controls.
- Provide training of new hires.
Prepare file in accordance with internal control checklist for items applicable to that particular portfolio.
Keep adequate documentation on file to fully explain and support all items, particularly those, which would be deemed unusual, eg. Past due dividends, larger than usual price movements (when comparing against assets in the same industry class), large gains and losses in FFX's, large div yield, trade cost per unit vs. ending price comparison and overall benchmarking discrepancies.
Complete accurate and legible files within deadlines set by Managers in order to fulfill production requirements
Ensure documentation is completed and signed off as per requirements
The reconciliation of capital flows where appropriate.
The utilization of the WINS-INVEST ONE (reporting)/GTI/ Titan systems to adequately research and resolve issues on portfolios.
Analyses of fund performance to ensure final valuations are accurate
Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge of various investment instruments and markets (stock exchanges) and there effect on the portfolio's valuation.
Should gain knowledge of the client's structure i.e. its and various types of portfolio's, their deliverables, and some of their specific requirements.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Client focused
- Uses initiative & readily questions
- Strong analytical skills
- Control oriented
- Proficiency with computers
- Exhibits a 'can do' attitude
- Good written & spoken English communication skills
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3 years or more in Banking / Financial services industry or with accounting firm.
- Experience in an automated processing environment.
- With people management skills
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment
- Awareness of stock market practices & data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg)
- Knowledge of the processes of a fund’s Custodian Bank and Investment Manager
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Committed approach with the ability to communicate effectively within a small team
- Flexibility - support department projects and work overtime during peak production periods
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.