About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Job Title: Operations Control Manager
Department: Fund Services – Operations Control
Controls – Framework, Tracking & Monitoring:
• Implement and maintain an effective control framework
• Perform day to day activities of Operations Control team
• Work with Operations to devise best practices and improve quality at all levels
• Evaluate operational change and projects
• Control/Facilitate policy and standard setting
• Facilitate training of control-related topics, Nav Error prevention etc
• Track and monitor key performance indicators and key risk indicators
• Analyse errors and control breakdowns, determine root causes & trends & oversee the implementation of remedial actions
• Facilitate/Chair ‘Quality’ meetings and forums to ensure that agreed practice is adopted across all accounting groups in order to improve efficiency & quality
• Act as Audit Liaison for external and internal audits
• Manage SSAE160 and all control related audits
• Keep abreast of business trends and changes in the industry and proactively devise a plan to support new requirements
• Monitor execution of change
• Review product/structural/procedural and technological change
• Act as contact/gateway for change internally and regionally
To support Fund Accounting, Management and Operations in ensuring that best practice combined with an optimal control environment exists at all times. This team is responsible for defining the risk management framework for the department and ensuring the highest level of quality of work is maintained.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Area of Technical Knowledge /
Relevant Experience Minimum Experience
- Qualified Accountant with a strong background in fund accounting operations and/or audit
- Minimum 6 years experience in risk management/audit/similar controls role
- Relevant business knowledge in Global Custody, Fund Accounting and including product, process and regulatory environment would be well regarded
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; Excellent Stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self starter and strong motivator
- Ability to identify hot spots and quickly assess the impact and provide tactical and strategic controls
- Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one's own work to achieve them
- Flexibility to work global hours with limited in-country travel
Overall Experience in Years Min 6-7 years
Candidates with similar experience in a FI/ MF/ Corporate/ Bank or audit firm would be preferred. Also should be a good team player with good analytical abilities and excellent communication skills.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.