We are an advanced analytics and statistical modeling team focused on developing and deploying analytical solutions to deliver business value. We are engaged in numerous high impact projects to integrate advanced analytics into core processes within the Centralized Transaction Operations (CTO) organization at JPMorgan Chase.
The team is a highly collaborative and innovative analytics group, bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to solve complex business problems. We are deeply committed to fostering an organization devoted to Continuous Learning, and are passionate about building solutions which deliver business value.
Data scientists are responsible for developing advanced analytics using a variety of statistical modeling methods, algorithms and techniques, e.g., predictive modeling, text mining, statistical forecasting and analysis, optimization, and simulation modeling. This position provides an exceptional opportunity to make a difference at a premier financial institution. In this role, you will have an excellent career path and numerous opportunities for both personal and professional development in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Evaluate the current operational environment and identify opportunities to leverage advanced analytics.
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the analytics discipline.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep quantitative/programming background with a graduate degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Economics with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Some practical experience, internships or co-ops in an analytics or modeling discipline
Outstanding technical skills
- Strong working knowledge of statistics, computer science and programming
- Expertise in at least one of the following: SAS, SQL, R, Python
- Enjoys analyzing data and writing code
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, statistical, text mining, and optimization algorithms
Superior analytical skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Has an “engineering mindset”
- Able to translate ambiguous business problems into a conceptual mathematical architecture
- Passionate about continuous learning and professional development
- Deeply curious; creative and imaginative
Strong business acumen
- Ability to influence and become a trusted advisor
- Translates technical details, observations and results into business language
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Able to effectively navigate an occasionally ambiguous, semi-structured work environment
- Can work both independently and collaboratively