About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan Alternative Investment Services delivers an extensive solution for hedge fund, private equity, and fund of hedge fund clients seeking independent administration and custody services or to outsource their day-to-day operations. The Hedge Fund Accounting team has the responsibility for providing a premium quality client service to Alternative Investment Services Clients, ensuring deadlines are met at all times.
- Manage a team of Accountants responsible for the Preparation/Review/Oversight of Net Asset Value Files
- Manage the Review/Oversight of Daily Profit and Loss Calculations
- Review of fund, share class, and investor allocations including calculations of management and performance fees
- Ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are completed and files contain all required documentation
- Ensure that all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies are complied with across all groups
- Create, maintain and update procedures for client specific deliverables
- Develop a thorough knowledge of our client base and build relationships with Investment Managers and other related third parties
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clients to support new Fund on-boardings and conversions
- Perform on-going review of daily controls and communication of any new training or procedural changes within the team
- Work closely with clients to resolve queries and provide first level accounting escalation support
- Work with internal partners (investment operations, reconciliations, investor relations and financial reporting teams) to agree on internal deadlines to ensure client SLAs are met
- Effectively balance workload and manage capacity within the team
- Ensure that coverage/cross training plans are in place within the team to cover holidays, absences and turnover
- Assist with training and coaching of team members
- Streamline operational processes to reduce risk and improve efficiency
- Ensure that available technology is fully utilized in the most efficient manner
- Work closely with legal/compliance to ensure all funds are in compliance with the relevant regulatory authorities
- Report to management on MIS and ad hoc issues that may arise
- Participate in and or lead special projects
- Support business growth through participation in the Request for Proposal Process
· Bachelor’s degree required, degree preference is Finance, Accounting, or Economics
· Thorough knowledge of the hedge fund environment including accounting for investor allocations, share classes, and complex investment and securities processing
· Superior interpersonal skills.
· Excellent client service orientation and proven ability to deal with demanding clients.
· Ability to lead and manage high performing teams.
· Strategic thinker with proven track record.
- 7+ years of Hedge Fund Accounting experience or work for Big 4 audit firms
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience with private equity is a plus
- Strong knowledge of hedge fund products
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proven adaptability and ability to work in a high growth area