JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment & Corporate Banking; Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking; financial transaction processing; asset management and private equity.
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Alert Operations team is part of Compliance Operations, and work closely with the Global Financial Crimes Compliance Investigations Team. The AML Operations team is rapidly growing and we continue to hire staff members in APAC based in Singapore. The team covers both global and business-aligned functions supporting the firm's AML, Sanctions and Anti-corruption programs.
The AML Alert Operations provides GFCC Investigations with an initial formal assessment of potential Money Laundering (ML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) and other nefarious activity based on system and manually sourced alerts, consistent with global standards.
Successful candidates should have a strong interest in foreign affairs, demonstrated by formal education or previous life/work experience. Also the ability to work independently, use their initiative and be adaptable to change. In addition, successful candidates need to be quick learners that will be able to readily understand banking, ML and CTF concepts, exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling of information received in connection with their responsibilities.
- Collect and document data, including alert, investigation, or SAR history; KYC information; relevant account and transaction data, plus any other required information to assist the investigation
- Review and analyze underlying data gathered to assess reasonable cause to advance an alert to Investigations or to clear
- Disposition and fully document all alerts, including supporting data, analysis and rationale within the case management system in a timely manner
- Build relationships with AML Investigations units, and effectively communicate and transfer information for case investigations
- Conduct periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity
- Function as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of AML/KYC issues, as well as broader functional knowledge
- Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the function or department
- Experience of ML, KYC (Know your Customer), CTF and/or payment flows preferred
- Exceptional research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (with a focus on excel)
- Languages (such as Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia or Malay) would be an advantage
- Self-starter, capable of working under minimal supervision
- Adept to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Results oriented team player with a consistent track record of driving tasks quickly and accurately to fruition
- Strong problem solving ability coupled with the ability to recommend and make decisions autonomously
- Strong documentation skills to clearly and accurately articulate alert disposition
- Adherence to controls and standards
- Familiarity with the firm's internal systems and processes would be a plus