About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Research
J.P. Morgan’s award-winning Global Research provides clients with informed views and actionable ideas on economic indicators, markets, companies, and asset classes around the world. Research is the foundation for everything we do for our clients. From up-to-the-minute original trade ideas, to longer-term thematic pieces that explain the financial markets in depth, our mission is to constantly offer new and original ways for investors to build value.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will partner closely with various internal parties and provide up to date, industry leading research. Your days will be filled analyzing data and building models to assist clients from across the sector. You’ll be able to recognise critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modeling/valuation process.
- Create/perform "ground-breaking" and thought-provoking valuation work across a range of asset classes and for different investor classes; produce cross-asset class work in collaboration with peers.
- Distinguish whether or not news/data is already priced into a security. Make a call with conviction even in the face of changing conditions or conflicting pressures
- Call trends before competitors, be a sounding board for top clients or traders.
- Be recognized as the expert in your field and a market leader for information such that you are able to change the course of the Street's thinking
- Conceptualise and design new modeling paradigms or model-based frameworks for particular markets and market opportunities.
- Oversee and drive the modeling work of junior people (including directing the team on how to allocate their "modeling time")
- Be accessible and proactive with clients and their needs. Provide outstanding internal sales and trading coverage.
- Complete models with an intense resolve so as to avoid missing any market or timing opportunities
- Communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
- Build foundation of trust with clients/internal parties by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating ideas
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Selling the whole firm, offering clients the full array of our product offerings. In-depth understanding of the spectrum of the firm's research platform and products
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Significant experience gained within a Research role in an investment banking environment
- Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends)
- Ability to discuss in detail your Understanding of the implications of news on a variety of asset classes and for different classes of investors.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to create new analytical approaches and devise new frameworks for seeking out market opportunities.
- Ability to tailor high quality comments/communications to particular audiences (external clients, traders, salespeople) and to "hook" them into your work.
- Demonstrable written and spoken presentation skills such that presentations have maximum impact on audience.
- Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers.
- English fluency is essential
- Mandarin Fluency would be an advantage