JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across six business segments including Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury & Securities Services, Asset & Wealth Management, Retail Financial Services and Card Services.
The Market Insights team is a global strategy group focused on macro themes that impact investors. The team formulates and communicates market and economic perspective to clients, the media and internal constituents on behalf of the global JPMorgan Investment Management business. The team has strategists and analysts based in New York, Hong Kong, Milan, Madrid, London, Tokyo, and other locations.
The team delivers this insight via the Market Insights Program, a comprehensive offering to clients including the monthly flagship, “Guide to the Markets” book, as well as other quarterly, weekly and ad-hoc conference calls and other publications. The program is currently delivered to clients in 25 countries and 12 languages.
The program’s three main objectives are:
- To help clients make better, more informed investment decisions;
- To position JPMorgan Funds and Institutional as the leading provider of capital markets & economic insight; and
- To help JPM’s sales force gain access to new clients, build stronger relationships with existing clients by adding value to the relationship, and uncover opportunities with clients through an active, ongoing dialogue with them about capital markets and the economy.
The Global Market Strategist, based in New York, will be responsible for helping to grow the JPMorgan Investment Management business via his/her efforts in delivering the Market Insights Program. While the role is US-based, the candidate will be a global market strategist, and should be familiar with (and able to speak to) macro developments around the world. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the team’s research efforts, and disseminating the teams views on capital markets and macroeconomic developments to clients, the media and internal constituents.
The ideal candidate will not only have prior experience in macro research as an economist or strategist, but must also be an outstanding presenter, and able to both educate and entertain a range of client types and audience sizes.
The role will also entail interviewing with the media and being in front of a camera. The candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills and deliver exceptional presentations.
Note: a panel presentation will be a key step in the interview process.
The candidate will report to the Head of the US Market Strategy Team, based in New York.
• Advanced degree in Finance or Economics and/or CFA preferred.
• Fluency in English is required; ability to speak other languages is a plus.
• Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the proven ability to effectively convey ideas with passion and clarity (simplify the complex with the use of stories, anecdotes, and analogies with a sense of humour).
• Writing samples, examples of research or other materials are welcome.
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to generate insightful and relevant investment ideas backed by rigorous research.
• Strong understanding of financial markets and economics; candidate should be well-versed in capital markets history and economic indicators, as well as equity, fixed income, international, emerging markets, currency, asset allocation, and alternative asset classes.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, primarily within the US.
• Familiarity with Bloomberg, FactSet, Reuters, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Experience in retail, broker/dealer, and mutual fund industry preferable. Advanced degree (MBA, PhD) or CFA required