About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgans Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The worlds most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Worldwide Securities Services (WSS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. A division of JPMorgan Chase Bank, WSS leverages the firms global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. It has $16.1 trillion in assets under custody and $7.3 trillion
in funds under administration. Market-leading post-trade compliance reporting services for portfolio risk management.
J.P. Morgan's market-leading Compliance Reporting Services enables asset managers, fund sponsors and trustees to efficiently detect and manage violations of client-specified investment rules, facilitating risk reduction and demonstrating industry best practices. With more than 200 clients and 6,000 portfolios-including more than 2,000 mutual funds-the firm services a large number of sophisticated investors globally, representing approximately $2 trillion in assets. Our diverse client list includes corporate and public pensions, investment managers, endowments and
foundations, corporate cash, insurers and central banks.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
This role will incorporate the following:
Provided with a set of clients, the Compliance Reporting Analyst would be responsible for:
- Investigate investment guideline breaches with the investment manager to assist the client in the breach
- Creating and sustaining a strong client relationships.
- Providing innovative solutions to client requirements (including coding the Compliance Reporting application).
- Maintaining existing fund "rules" within the system and tailoring available solutions to the changing needs of
the client in a timely manner.
- Scope client requirements against that of the system and perform maintenance to the client's account.
- Discussing industry practice, product development and evolving regulations with the client.
- Concentrate on problem-solving technical and involved requests for clients across the globe, as part of
discrete implementations of new business.
- Interpreting investment mandates to identify "rules"
- Agreeing reporting criteria with clients
- Coding identified and agreed "rules" within the Compliance Reporting application
- Providing technical input in client meetings as necessary.
- Logical, problem-solving, technical person would be ideally suited.
The successful candidate will need to either have, or swiftly acquire, knowledge of a myriad of financial instruments,including derivatives.
- Regularly communicate with clients and their fund managers (in person, over the phone and electronically)
discussing potential breaches on their investment mandates.
- Create, maintain and test logical rules automatically applied to the financial instruments owned by J.P.Morgan's clients.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree in related technical area (such as Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Sciences or Business)
advantageous but not essential.
- Qualification involving financial instruments beneficial.
- Minimum 18 months experience working in a Funds Administration role. Additionally, the successful candidate
would have at least two of the following key attributes, demonstrated by suitable experience:
- Strong client servicing experience
- Coding or report writing experience, ideally with logic-based database systems
- Excellent financial market and instrument knowledge
- Compliance reporting product knowledge
All candidates must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical, organisational and problem solving skills
- PC literacy, especially in Microsoft Excel
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.