Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), we:
- serve 21 million households with consumer banking relationships
- lent $17 billion to small businesses in 2011
- are one of the nation's largest credit card issuers, with more than 64 million credit cards in circulation
- service 8 million mortgage and home equity loans
While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm's resources to work every day for our customers.
Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
CCB HR Compensation is hiring for a Compensation Associate.
The incumbent is responsible for supporting on-going compensation and analytical activities for the team, with some client specific management duties.
The incumbent is also responsible for fostering good relationships with Business Leaders and ensuring a strong working partnership with HR peers, by providing guidance and ongoing support on compensation-related matters and activities.
- Compensation Framework: Lead efforts to ensure core compensation framework is updated regularly and remains market competitive. This includes Job Descriptions, Compensation Ranges, completing Salary Survey's and researching market happenings and best practices. Benchmarks external market by developing, conducting and participating in compensation surveys.
- Process Management: Support the compensation team related to Compensation Processes as performed in the firm. Processes include (Yet not limited to): Recruitment Approval Processes, Off-Cycle Increase Process, Annual Performance Management Process, Job Family Audit Process, etc.
- Analytics: Perform intermediate to complex analysis, assessing results, spotting trends in the data and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Executive Engagement: Working with manager, participate in Executive related meetings including CEO Compensation Expense Review process as well as the Incentive Compensation Committee process as appropriate. Responsible for Client management as assigned.
- Participate on cross-function project teams as appropriate to support alignment within the broader Compensation Department.
- Working knowledge of domestic Compensation practices.
- Ability to foster working relationships across the firm and influence others accordingly.
- Good planning skills, with the ability to connect all related components.
- Strong Project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make recommendations for change.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access. Knowledge of other Analytics tools helpful.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent Business Experience. CCP and SHRM preferred.
- 3-5 years of relative HR and/or Compensation experience.
- Ability to travel from time to time to other domestic locations.
- Ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations using applicable technology tools.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V