JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Senior Big Data Developer for Liquidity Risk.
Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI) is looking for top-notch developers and computer scientists who want to be part of an exciting multi-year strategic initiative to evolve JPMorgan’s world class Liquidity Risk Infrastructure platform to the next generation to solve massive data processing problem. This individual will be a member of development team that is responsible for evolving the LRI platform to the next level of scalability, stability, and data visualization by leveraging cutting edge big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala, Impala, Sqoop, Tableau, etc.
The current LRI platform processes daily 40-60 million transactions and positions, calculate risk presented by the current actual as well as model-based what-if state of the market, build multidimensional picture of corporate risk profile, and provide ability to analyze it in real time. The target LRI platform will utilize modern in-memory and non-relational data management principles, state of the art methods of user interaction and must scale in horizontal and vertical directions.
• Work on a multi-year strategic initiative and deliver technical solutions that will support Incremental and regional processing, flexible data analysis tools, trend analysis, full data transparency and drilldown, dynamic assumptions, workflow, fully automated explains.
• Follow SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc and focus on end to end quality of the delivery.
• Work collaboratively in a team with fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging business problems.
• Be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business aligned solutions.
• Strong big data skills – Spark, Hadoop, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie
• Strong application design skills
• Strong OO skills – Python, Java, Scala
• Strong database skills – Oracle, SQL, Stored Procedures
• Strong analytical and communication skills both written and verbal
• Familiar with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, LEAN, etc
• Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Git/Stash, etc
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.