& Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than
$2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It
operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management,
Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment
Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalized,
comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management,
capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank
was recognized in 2015 by Euromoney as the world’s best global private bank,
with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
International Bank Limited (JPMIB) is the primary entity which is used to
provide private banking services to ultra high net worth (UHNW) and high net
worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region, excluding Switzerland. It is also
the entity which provides banking, trading, and brokerage and custody services
to clients of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) in Asia. JPMIB is a UK bank
and is regulated by the PRA and FCA; it operates out of its UK head office with
branches in Brussels, Frankfurt, Madrid and Milan.
Marketing Review SM is
responsible review and approval of external marketing materials and
financial promotions. The candidate will be required to work with a wide
range of teams across the business in providing timely and accurate
review of marketing materials available for clients. The individual will
also be required to participate in strategic initiatives in relation to
regulatory changes, preparing materials and participation in relevant
governance forums, maintenance of policies and procedures and providing
training to other staff.
Subject to strategic
priorities and business needs, the candidate may also be required to
work with the wider Trading SM team on the following responsibilities:
- Provide support in oversight of Equity, Fixed Income and FX trading desks and their daily operations
- Review of IPO prospectuses to identify client eligibility for participation in new issue offerings
- Respond to queries from the trading
desks on appropriate course of action to be taken in cases of trade
errors, large transactions and market specific nuances
- Identification of potential risk areas and / or control gaps via daily monitoring of trading and business processes
- Perform appropriate reviews and execute on controls to ensure compliance with regulation and internal policies
- Perform daily monitoring of UCITS funds and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Review transactions to ensure firm’s
Best Execution obligations have been met. Compile relevant metrics for
internal committees and governance forums.
- Review and approval of derivative and structured product termsheets
- Establish and execute pre-trade controls on model “paper portfolios”
- Complete “suitability criteria” sections of marketing documents for hedge funds and private equity investments
- Preparation of materials as requested by Internal/External Audit and Compliance Testing as required
- Participation in projects and strategic initiatives as directed by the Head of Trading SM
Qualifications and Key Skills
We are looking for:
A strong interest in and sound understanding of financial markets, products and wealth management is a prerequisite for any potential candidate
Previous supervision, compliance or risk management background
Knowledge of FCA financial promotion rules. Understanding of requirements in other EMEA jurisdictions is a preferential
Individual must be solutions-oriented with good judgement and problem-solving skills
Keen interest in risk and control frameworks as well as the regulatory landscape
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to manage multiple work-streams to tight deadlines and re-prioritise as required
Strong communication and negotiation skills: the role will involve communicating with employees of varying levels, with diverse roles and different native languages
Fluency in English. Other languages are a bonus.
Candidates should be at Senior Associate / VP level subject to experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to pursue a career with JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Supervisory Management Department in London, please apply online providing a cover letter and CV in English.
Keywords: risk management, supervision, compliance, oversight, control, first line of defence.