The successful candidate will have:
· A university degree; a degree in an engineering or computer science discipline is preferred.
· Very strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good decision making abilities.
· Great written and verbal communication skills.
· A strong focus on high quality deliverables and meeting tight deadlines.
· Very strong passion for technology with a strong interest in the latest development best practices and frameworks.
· Culturally sensitive in a role that spans regions and time zones.
· An agile mindset and a broad skillset - willing to do whatever it takes to help the team deliver.
· Minimum 7+years of continuous J2EE development experience on large/medium sized projects.
· Proven experience enhancing large business-critical legacy systems.
· Strong familiarity with design patterns and object-oriented principles like SOLID.
· Project experience using the below technologies/frameworks:
· Enterprise scale messaging (MQ Series preferred).
· Web Application Server (Tomcat preferred).
· Relational database experience (Oracle preferred).
· Spring MVC or Struts framework.
· Core Java/ Java EE/ Spring/ Struts/ MyBatis
· Automated unit testing and mocking frameworks.
· Continuous integration environment.
Other non-technical skills:
· Banking domain knowledge with a preference for payment systems or treasury products.
· Some recent and successful experience in a properly functioning agile team would be extremely advantageous.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.