JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization works closely with the Global Financial Crimes Committee (GFCC) and Lines of Businesses (LOBs) to implement and operate a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting clients along the Know Your Client (KYC) lifecycle including functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, comparing and analyzing a client profile across all lines of business, and quality assurance.
Corporate KYC Operations will promote further centralization and consistency of operational KYC activities across all LOBs. This role will provide the opportunity to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help implement best practices within JP Morgan.
The KYC Operations Analyst will assist the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence. The KYC Operations Analyst will assist in end to end operational activities of new clients and periodic renewal process of all clients. The KYC Operations Analyst will assist with the drafting and gathering of client documents and verification of client data via publically available and internal sources at a client level prior to final review by a KYC Operations Reviewer and the client-facing team. This research is performed to ensure a client’s KYC profile is appropriately updated and any descrepancies or issues with the profile escalated to the appropriate lines of business.
· Collection and verification of confidential client data via publically available and internal sources
· Understand the firm’s KYC requirements when completing documentation inclusive of Customer Identification Program (CIP), Minimum Due Diligence (MDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Local Due Diligence (LDD), and the Product Due Diligence Questionnaire (PDD)
· Compare and contrast differences within KYC records , highlight and escalate any descrepancies
· Meet firm wide quality standards
· Exhibit the highest standards of customer service to our internal and external customers (inclusive of confidentiality)
· Communicating/escalating issues to management when applicable
· Handling and maintenance of confidential client documentation
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or Graduate Degree
· 1-6 years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance, KYC , AML and Screening
· Strong research, analytical, and comprehension skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data
· Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
· Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
· Candidate must have strong written/verbal communication, leadership, solid high volume processing and analytical skills with the ability to work independently on multiple assignments in a deadline driven, regulatory environment
· Demonstrate cross-line of business knowledge of banking systems and products
· Possess strong computer skills: Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Able to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
· Must be detailed oriented and analytical
· Flexibility of operating hours to include overtime, holidays, and weekend testing
· A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
· Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
· Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
· Develop an environment of continuous focus on quantifiable productivity and quality
· Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.