Check Engine is an in-house developed application running on a Java, Oracle platform. This application supports multiple countries across ASIAPAC and EMEA, and handles time critical payments each day.
Working on Projects as a Developer
Responsibilities will include:
· Understanding Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications
· Understanding existing program logic
· Liaise with Production Support and Ops to trouble-shoot issues, investigate, and perform root-cause analysis and bug fixes to large business-critical legacy systems as part of SL3 team
· Creation/ update of Detailed Design Specifications, Program Specifications, and program Version Control documentation
· Coding of new programs and changes to existing programs
· Creation of Unit Test Plans, and execution of Unit Tests
· Preparation and execution of Systems Test Plans and Scripts
· Providing technical support for Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
· Providing technical support for User Acceptance Testing
· Creation of Implementation/ Backout Plans and Support Handover Documents
· Providing technical support for Production Implementations, and post-implementation support during implementation warranty period
The successful candidate will have:
· A university degree; a degree in an engineering or computer science discipline is preferred.
· Very strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good decision making abilities.
· Great written and verbal communication skills.
· A strong focus on high quality deliverables and meeting tight deadlines.
· Very strong passion for technology with a strong interest in the latest development best practices and frameworks.
· Culturally sensitive in a role that spans regions and time zones.
· An agile mindset and a broad skillset - willing to do whatever it takes to help the team deliver.
· Minimum 7+years of continuous J2EE development experience on large/medium sized projects
· Proven experience enhancing large business-critical legacy systems
· Proven experience trouble-shooting, investigating, and performing bug fixes to large business-critical legacy systems as part of SL3 team
· Strong familiarity with design patterns and object-oriented principles.
· Project experience using the below technologies/frameworks:
1. Enterprise scale messaging (MQ Series preferred).
2. Web Application Server (Tomcat preferred).
3. Relational database experience (Oracle preferred).
4. Spring MVC or Struts framework.
5. Core Java/ Java EE/ Spring/ Struts/ Hibernate
6. Automated unit testing and mocking frameworks.
· Continuous integration environment.
Other non-technical skills:
· Banking domain knowledge with a preference for payment systems or treasury products.
· Some recent and successful experience in a properly functioning agile team would be extremely advantageous.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.