About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Billing Operating Unit offers innovative solutions and services to various LOBs across multiple asset classes and geographies. The unit maintains relationships with hundreds of clients worldwide. In addition to this J.P. Morgan is an industry leader in providing clearing, custody, operations, and technology and order execution capabilities to broker dealers worldwide. The Billing Operating Unit - Expense Management Group is responsible for invoice management, validation/reconciliation, and allocation of charge to various LOB, Cost Centers, timely payment, NOSTRO Clearance, and MIS Reporting. The Billing Operating Unit – Billing Utility is responsible for invoice generation of transaction-related charges for OTC & PB clients.
The objectives of the BOU - Expense Management Group are:
(1) Daily maintenance and reconciliation of the books and records of the J.P Morgan Clearing Corp, (JPMCC) relating to clearing activities and balancing of incoming and outgoing funds
(2) Payments to counterparties and broker dealers
(3) Reporting of any abnormal trade activity to Product Controllers/traders that is consistent with the Firm’s internal policies and procedures, and in accordance with Federal, State and New York Stock Exchange, Inc. (“NYSE”) regulations, as well as all other self-regulatory organizations of which the Firm is a member or to whose jurisdiction the Firm is subject.
Primary responsibilities include – process transactions and facilitate accurate and timely payment of invoices of various counterparties/brokers; meeting service levels, production workflows, and training. Support the execution of strategic business initiatives, workflow design, and implementation of the department’s goals and objectives. Ensure that all company policies are followed and special projects are carried out in a competent and cost effective manner. Build strong working relationships with functional managers and develop the product and business knowledge on Prime Brokerage and Clearing Operations for the team in Bangalore.
Ensure steady flow of completing daily tasks, gain expertise over the functions you are handling and appropriate backups in all servicing functions to Business Partners throughout JPMorgan Chase. Ensure quality assurance on critical functions. Maintain productivity standards and focus on providing best in class customer service to avoid unnecessary expenses associated with customer dissatisfaction.
· Minimum Qualification – Graduate
· “In Service” Mindset & “Get Things Done” Attitude
· Ability to process daily exceptions using Standard Operating Procedures flawlessly
· High level of attention to detail
· Spot deviations in day-to-day tasks v/s procedures and escalate to Supervisors, Managers
· Ensure the Standard Operating Procedures are updated on a timely basis
· Taking active participation in process improvement and automation
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
· Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one’s own work to achieve them
· Flexibility to work global hours and willing to travel globally
· Task management
· Strong Interpersonal skills
· Finance knowledge – Journal Entries, General Ledger, Book Keeping etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience – include specifics, as above
· Graduates with a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a bank, financial services/ or other service sector environment
· Knowledge of Prime Brokerage / Clearing business and the regulations relevant to these businesses in the US/UK market
· Working knowledge on reconciling security & NOSTRO positions, TLM breaks; accounts payable and receivable etc.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; developing MS Access & excel macros
· Migration experience preferably US or UK
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.