Risk & Finance - CPG Technology - Application Developer - Beijing
CPG Technology is a global technology team supporting the Credit Portfolio Group with multiple suites of applications including Gauss which is the firm's Counterparty Credit Risk calculator for the entire OTC derivatives portfolio. Gauss is a full revaluation, Monte Carlo simulation engine which computes the credit exposure in the event of a counterparty default. Gauss uses latest cutting edge technology such as Python, high performance grid computing, GPUs, and performs over 3 trillion MTM calculations in its daily calculation run.
CPG Technology is comprised of approximately 120 people based out of New York, London, Bangalore, Glasgow and Beijing. The team is an excellent mix of technology project managers, business analysts and developers.
As an application developer, you will design, develop, test, and document functionality to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. You will need to provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level.
- Work closely with business analysts, quantitative research team, and business users to interpret the requirements and
evaluate alternative solutions
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing of the newly developed functionality
- Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Implement and test modifications to existing application modules in accordance with application support and industry
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and
address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- College degree in related technical or business area, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience
- Solid application design, development, and testing work experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional technology requirements
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- 5+ years of overall software development experience. Python experience preferred; otherwise solid experience in C++, Java, or other OO language
- 5+ years of experience with PL SQL
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Credit Risk/Product (Derivatives, F&O, Securities) business knowledge is a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.