JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Services Operations (GSO) is responsible for Level 2 service support delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, GSO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its’ Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
Within GSO, the Critical Infrastructure Operations team was formed to provide high level / dedicated 24*7 Level 2 support via a follow the sun model for Keon, LDAP and DNS. This dedicated team will include Wintel and Unix System Administration to provide the highest degree of service for these 3 services and Active Directory – driving service improvement and ensuring the highest availability.
As a DNS / DHCP engineer within the GSO Critical Infrastructure Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting JPMC”s complex DNS/DHCP environment, incident resolution, providing subject matter expertise to other team members, driving improvements and ensuring the highest degree of resilience and top tier support, resulting in uninterrupted DNS / DHCP availability. Driving service improvement across the environment is key to the role: managing all service delivery resiliency, efficiency, and audit programs as well as ensuring engineering standards and products are integrated across the platforms. The scope of responsibilities will entail trouble ticket investigations, root cause analysis, resolution, implementing, measuring, and improving all processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability, utility, flexibility, and responsiveness of the production environment.
- Must be able to take ownership of issues and drive through to resolution across a complex, global enterprise environment.
- Must be able to manage mission critical environments for a major global financial services organization and strive for continual improvement across the environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate with diverse technical teams, multiple lines of business at all levels within the organization.
- Perform proactive duties, including patch management and software upgrades.
- Work well independently and within a group within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Perform all duties following all JPMC standards regarding engagement, change management, and escalations.
- Required to escalate to vendors and provide root cause analysis and incident reports. Provide timely resolution to break/fix issues.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands on operational experience managing DNS in a complex, global, mission critical production environment
- 7+ years experience on BIND 9.x and/or BlueCat
- 7+ years experience on ISC DHCP and/or BlueCat
- Hands-on experience and thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory Dynamic DNS
- Thorough understanding and extensive hands-on experience in a combined delegated and forwarded DNS hierarchy utilizing stealth masters and caching servers.
- Highly developed skill set to troubleshoot DNS resolution and configuration issues using lookup tools and logs
- Working Linux knowledge preferred
- Experience on BlueCat DNS-DHCP appliances preferred
- Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise network topologies including LAN/WAN and security.
- Proven technical leadership experience, including the ability to quickly understand an issue, appropriately / efficiently troubleshoot to detailed levels and direct swift resolution
- Must have demonstrated operational experience with data networking / IP services
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Strong ability to take ownership of issues and drive resolution across teams
- Assertive personality and drive improvement across environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and partner with technology engineering teams.
- ISC DNS Certification preferred