J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of Dec. 31, 2015)
Throughout its long and distinguished history, Asset Management has been steadfastly committed to putting its clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs every decision we make on their behalf. The Asset Management business is also guided by its strategic objective and business priorities.
Global Investment Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• More than 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
The Central Onboarding team UK (COT UK) forms part of Controls, Support & UK Intermediary & Central Onboarding & Oversight located within the European Funds Client Service space. The team is a central function for corporate onboarding for the UK Funds business and client screening for the EMEA Funds business in line with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) policies and local regulations.
COT UK team members must ensure onboarding requests are processed in a timely manner by planning, prioritizing and managing each request accordingly. They must perform centralized screening by reviewing PEPs, Sanctions and Negative Media alerts and assess each output to ensure appropriate actions are taken and each request is channeled correctly.
Team members interact with multiple internal teams (within EMEA and globally) and external service providers on a daily basis and must ensure all procedures are reviewed and updated regularly and adequate controls are in place. They must also demonstrate a solid understanding of AML/KYC principles.
Main responsibilities include:
• Facilitate corporate onboarding for UK Funds business
• Perform centralized screening for EMEA Funds business
• Collect and review AML/KYC documents in line with key procedural documents
• Respond to queries linked to AML document requirements
• Ensure timely follow up on all queries raised by Transfer Agency (TA)
• Update information and content in KYC/AML management applications
• Prepare daily/weekly/monthly KYC/AML reports
• Oversight of potential suspicious activities
• Work in partnership with internal teams including Compliance and Legal
• Understand and adhere to AML/KYC requirements and guidelines
• Establish effective relationships with wider business groups
• Review and update AML/KYC procedures
• Keep abreast of new AML regulations and developments in market practicesEssential skills include:
• Good understanding and knowledge of Asset Management and AML/KYC requirements
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Pro-active attitude
• Ability to work well independently as well as a team player
• Ability to develop good relationships across a variety of areas
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Good project management skills
• Experience of managing/interacting with external service suppliers
• Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of AWD/other TA systems would be advantageous
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANNUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.