JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Global Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank was recognized in 2015 by Euromoney as the world’s best global private bank, with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
J.P. Morgan International Bank Limited (JPMIB) is the primary entity which is used to provide private banking services to ultra high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region, excluding Switzerland. It is also the entity which provides banking, trading, and brokerage and custody services to clients of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) in Asia. JPMIB is a UK bank and is regulated by the PRA and FCA; it operates out of its UK head office with branches in Brussels, Frankfurt, Madrid and Milan.
The Senior Client Service Manager will provide senior management oversight to Client Service Managers and their teams of Specialists covering clients with relationships on our JPMorgan Suisse platform based in Geneva including both EMEA and Latin America regions. This role helps to elevate the Service profile and act as the local face of Service with partners on the Suisse Operating Committee and other governance forums, particularly around topics with client experience or commercial impact. The Senior Client Service Manager will also lead the implementation of our Service transformation agenda locally in Geneva, focusing in the near term to create consistency in roles and responsibilities and process across the market and regional teams. He/she will also provide support to our Service Managers including a local escalation point for issue resolution.
In reporting to the Senior Client Service Manager, the Client Service Managers will continue to be market aligned and focused on delivering exceptional client service experience for clients within each geography with an increased emphasis on developing talent and increasing level of partnership and connectivity with the integrated team. Maintaining a strong culture of risk management and control also continues to be a key component of the Service Manager role, and therefore the Senior Client Service Manager’s core responsibilities to manage for the platform.
This Senior Client Service Manager role will report functionally to the EMEA Regional Service Manager (based inUK) and locally to the JPMorgan Suisse ….. The Senior Service Manager will also be closely aligned and accountable to the Latin America Regional Service Manager (based in New York) for the Latin America portion of the activities they will manage.
Core Responsibilities of the Senior Client Service Manager role will include but not be limited to:
- Provide Service Managers and Client Service Specialists with guidance and resources for delivering high quality, high touch service to Private Bank clients. Must be able to recommend solutions tailored to clients' specific needs.
- Manage the daily work volumes and transactions of the Geneva based teams accurately, within established deadlines, and in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Meet with market managers, team leaders, advisors and other partners regularly to ensure service expectations are met.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for the Geneva based Service Managers on client and employee issues
- Evaluate employee performance and provide feedback via informal discussions, quarterly/semi-annual performance meetings and the annual review process.
- Drive consistency in service roles and responsibilities, processes, controls and risk management across Geneva based teams
- Represent Service on JPMorgan Suisse Business Continuity Committee and other legal entity specific forums where required.
- Participate in the continuing strategic development of the Client Service operating model, and help validate proposed ideas/plans prior to implementation
- Lead/participate in special projects within Client Service and represent Client Service in broader initiatives within GWM.
- Manage the further development of cross sell initiative within the Geneva based Service teams across both EMEA and Latin America
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong leadership and management abilities; must be able to think and act strategically. Solid communication, time management and interpersonal skills; must be able to diffuse conflict diplomatically.
- Keen understanding of the financial and banking industries.
- In-depth knowledge of the region's client base, and ability to build strong rapport with market managers, investment team leaders, and other senior business partners in Geneva and across the region.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment; must be a change leader.
- Solid comprehension of Private Bank range of products, including deposit, banking, brokerage, custody, investment management, fiduciary, mutual funds, and credit products and services as each applies to their specific region's business segment.
- Must understand and comply with the regulations, policies and procedures related to these products and services, and reinforce with their teams the possible financial liabilities of the transactions associated with these products and services if they are not executed properly.
- Working knowledge of key areas of the International Private Bank organisation and broader GWM structure.
- Solid understanding of systems and databases used within the International Private Bank.
- Disciplined approach to managing and acting upon key management information reporting.
- Strong comprehension of how data and information flow through the firm’s processing and reporting systems, and an in-depth understanding of all operation roles and inter-dependencies.
- Good project management skills; must be able to engage all participants and meet deadlines/deliverables.
An in depth knowledge of GWM , and/or experience as a Service or other client facing support role manager is highly beneficial and recommended for the role.
College degree or equivalent experience.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer