Real Estate Finance (REF) is a commercial real estate (CRE) lending and securitisation group within the firm’s Securitised Products Groups (SPG), a component of the Investment Bank.
REF’s business can be summarised as secured (i.e. mortgage) lending to hold on balance sheet or either a syndication or securitisation exit. We also act in an arranger capacity bringing borrowers and lenders together. Further we act on acquisition or lending against performing, sub-performing and non-performing CRE loans as well as interacting with various areas of the bank to deliver real estate solutions to clients.
We lend against all the main property classes including; office, retail, industrial and multi-family residential as well as operating business where real estate is a key factor.
Our geographical focus primarily is on the UK and Germany but also includes other countries within EMEA.
Our clients include; financial sponsors, institutional investors, financial institutions, operating business and property companies.
• Screening and researching loan opportunities
• Research transaction comparables and summarise findings
• Generate real estate and loan model output
• Responsible for real estate underwriting
• Responsible for structuring of loans
• Responsible for conducting full financial, legal and real estate due diligence
• Able to assess rating agency requirements and potential CMBS exit
• Creation of detailed loan summaries and portfolio stratification analysis
• Preparation and presentation of deal proposals for internal committees
• Production of transaction term sheets
• Production of marketing material for potential investors
• Coordination of third party due diligence reports
• Coordination of the legal documentation process
• Strong real estate underwriting and due diligence skills
• Strong loan structuring skills
• Understanding of securitisation and rating agency requirements
• Knowledge of major European real estate and lending markets
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Good knowledge of European languages other than English is not required but is preferable
• Experience in a similar role for either a major banking institution or a CRE debt fund
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.