FIX Specialist – Job Specification
The Futures & Options electronic trading technology team supports the technology needs for the Futures & Options business which is a division of the Investment Banking arm of JPMorgan. We offer trading and clearing on over 70 futures exchanges globally including Electronic trading on over 40 exchanges.
The E-trading technology team supports the technology needs for facilitating Electronic trading on over 40 global exchanges. Our technology stack includes trading system components from Sungard GT [formerly GL Trade], FIX and OMS applications from ULLink, trading applications from Trading Technologies and a wide variety of applications developed in-house.
Most of the applications are developed in Java, J2EE, C++, FIX, Perl etc and support Electronic trading, technical on-boarding of clients, reporting, STP feeds to middle and back office systems etc.
The candidate will work on supporting, maintaining and enhancing the existing applications and will be involved in the design and development of new applications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and an innovative thinker with a strong focus on quality of delivery and a continuous focus on improving existing processes, procedures and applications.
- Self motivated, innovative and self starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner with development and support teams globally.
- Strong business focus and a clear understanding that technology is the means to achieving business goals.
- Ability to learn and assimilate proprietary systems quickly.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective partnership skills to work with the business to ensure requirements are captured correctly.
- Ability to lead projects independently and provide guidance to other members of the team.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment where time to delivery and/or resolution is critical to protect/increase revenue stream.
- Previous support experience in a production environment
- Development processes (Agile)
- FIX Protocol 5.0
- Knowledge of FIX based Market Data Systems (FastFIX)
- Scripting - Shell, Perl and some Python.
- Able to produce good ERDs – e.g. UML, Use Cases, etc
- Other Languages – C++ and VB.
- Java frameworks - Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Application Servers – Apache, Tomcat, etc.
- Databases – Good understanding of Oracle (RAC preferred)
- Good knowledge of standard Java design patterns.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math or Sciences.
- 4-8 years of progressive experience in systems and technology, preferably with exposure to financial systems.
- Exposure to trading systems development and support for exchange traded securities will be a huge plus.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer