Wholesale Client Onboarding - KYC Quality Control
Risk & Controls remains a key focus within the banking industry. The Corporate Investment Bank, Know Your Customer (KYC) team plays a critical role in ensuring that as an organisation, we are compliant with multiple regulations, in order to protect the bank’s reputation and financial assets. JP Morgan is developing their Global Operating Model to provide a business wide process for the delivery of KYC across all Lines of Business in every Region.
The Wholesale Client Onboarding team operates in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal, Compliance and Quality Assurance to provide efficient and timely on-boarding of new client relationships to the JP Morgan infrastructure.
The Quality Control Analyst will be responsible for performing end to end quality reviews (Checking) of KYC profiles for new clients, new incremental business, and periodic reviews of existing relationships.
The successful candidate will be familiar with working in an analytical environment, ability to evaluate complex and lengthy documents in order to ensure full adherence to regulation requirements, knowledge of multiple client types, and proven experience of producing quality work in a pressurised environment. The individual must promote excellence; diversity, quality, respect, inclusivity and drive their own self development. The Analyst will report to the Quality Control Team Lead and will be a pro-active person with a strong desire to succeed. Effective communication skills are a key part of this role as it requires building and maintain strong working relationships, in a challenging environment.
• Perform end to end quality review of KYC profiles for accuracy, completeness and validity, ensuring that the KYC records adhere to stringent JP Morgan standards for KYC and global regulatory requirements
• Strive to maintain the quality line for Quality Assurance of a minimum of 95% pass rate
• Keep informed of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure open verbal dialogue with colleagues in other Regions
• Tracking and reporting of personal key metrics and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
• Manage personal workload and priority items received from multiple teams to meet required deadlines specified by the business
• Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders by proactively building and maintaining relationships
• Identify and execute process improvements and provide Subject Matter Expert support on key process and technology initiatives
• Liaise with the Relationship Managers, Client Integration Officers and Quality Assurance teams to facilitate knowledge sharing and ‘best practices’ to the wider group
• A detailed knowledge of KYC/Compliance/AML procedures and standards, including strong knowledge of regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of multiple client types (i.e. Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, F.I.’s, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, Mutual Funds etc.)
• Knowledge of financial industry with in-depth expertise across multiple lines of business (Corporate Investment Bank and heritage lines of business)
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of conflict resolution
• Possesses strong time management, organisational, relationship building skills
• Quality focused work ethic and strong controls mindset
• Adaptable to work in an evolving and changeable environment
• Proactively manages and drives forward own career, identifying personal training needs for development
• Minimum 10 years experience in the Financial Industry with 5years KYC exp.
• Knowledge of different products such as Trade, Escrow, Cash, Global Custody, Securities, Collateral Management
• B.S. Degree or equivalent
Qualifications - External
- Graduate/Post Graduate, CA/CFA/MBA
- Knowledge of KYC is essential essential with at least 5 year's experience
- Must be able to work under pressure and make accurate decisions in stressful situations
- Must be able to lead, manage and motivate the teams.
- Client focused
- Good time management skills
- Control Oriented
- Proactive, positive approach
- Able to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
- Attention to detail
- Good PC skills including Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Power point, Access)
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Must be detailed oriented and analytical
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast paced production environment
- Flexibility of operating hours to include overtime, holidays, and weekend testing