JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization works closely with the Global Financial Crimes Committee (GFCC) and Lines of Businesses (LOBs) to implement a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting clients along the Know Your Client (KYC) lifecycle including functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, and quality assurance.
The KYC Utility will promote further centralization and consistency of operational KYC activities across all LOBs. This role will provide the opportunity to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help implement best practices within JP Morgan.
The KYC Operations Reviewer will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards in a timely fashion. In addition, The KYC Operations Reviewer will conduct a review of all documentation provided in the end to end operational KYC activities of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients ensuring a high quality product.
The KYC Operations Reviewer will review the collection and verification of data performed by the KYC Operations Analyst to ensure all KYC records are accurate and complete prior to a final review by the client-facing team. The KYC Operations Reviewer is expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
· Understanding and implementation of KYC standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
· Handling and maintenance of confidential client documentation
· Review of client data/processes to meet firm wide quality standards
· Communicating/escalating issues to management when applicable
· Ability to learn and communicate a new process to a team
· Proactively identifies opportunities to refine a process and increase operational efficiencies
· Exhibit the highest standards of customer service to our internal and external customers (inclusive of confidentiality)
· Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
· Team handling experience would be desirable
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or Graduate Degree
· Knowledge of KYC is essential with at least 7-12 years’ experience (Audit, Control, Risk, AML, and Research may also be areas of experience)
· Must be able to work and actively contribute in stressful situation
· Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
· Client focused with strong customer service skills (e.g. oral and written communication skills)
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule
· Experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
· Able to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
· Possess strong computer skills: Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Must be detailed oriented and analytical
· Ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast paced production environment
· Flexibility of operating hours to include overtime, holidays, and weekend testing
· A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
· Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
· Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
· Experience in managing small teams would be desirable
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.