JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Abinitio ETL Application Developer will be a key member of the team within Capital Technology. The candidate must be self-motivated with a background in technology and proven ability to translate business needs into data rich, enabled applications and tools. Technical and intellectual curiosity is required, along with the ability to pick up concepts and techniques quickly in order to execute projects and solutions. Technical debugging and problem resolution are important components of the position.
As we work with diverse datasets, deep understanding of data architecture, ETL, and optimization is required. While this role is primarily as an ETL developer, it will require performance and understanding across all aspects of a project lifecycle.
This individual will need to have hands-on ability in Ab Initio, Unix, and Oracle, with computer science, engineering, math, physics or information technology degree. The lead developer will be a part of a dynamic team of highly talented individuals and will be encouraged to contribute ideas, learn, design and implement.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Code, test, modify, debug, document, and implement Ab Initio components utilizing the GDE and EME tools.
· Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques utilizing programming skills and contribute to the technical codebase
· Document detailed application specifications; Create and translate technical requirements into programmed application modules;
· Develop scripts to automate the execution of Ab Initio graphs using shell scripts under a Unix environment
· Help develop test cases and plans to complete Unit testing; support System testing
· Participate in design reviews / code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
· Participate in unit testing and integration testing
· Assume ownership and accountability for the assigned deliverables thru all phases of the development lifecycle
· Strong analytical skills and eagerness to learn new technologies
· Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
· Experience in technologies such as Java, Control-M, XML, PERL, Informatica, and shell scripts is a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.