Corporate & Investment Bank - J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan EMEA Securities Processing is a business line within the CIB and provides a complete suite of investment operations outsourcing services for institutional asset managers. Our services encompass all asset management activities post-trade execution, allowing asset managers to focus on their core competencies of managing assets and client relationships.
The Custody Settlements provides full operational support to our clients with all the post settlements processing, monitoring and reporting needs by ensuring all aspects of the trade lifecycle are managed end to end efficiently, within market timeframes and accurately in a controlled environment to minimize risk.
We are numerous opportunities at professional and associate level within the following teams:
Custody Settlements Team
Custody Settlements is a team within Securities Processing Operations that deals with various pre & post-settlement activities. Settlement related activities performed by the team include certain depot realignments, processing certain incoming and outgoing MT599 messages, managing FX exceptions for a market, posting of settlement difference amounts within the standard settlement tolerance, trade maintenance & completion and processing Crest reject queues.
The purpose of this role is to provide end-to-end operational support for all aspects of trading including pre-trade activities like ensuring adequate funding’s, processing pre-advises and managing the post settlement incidental activities related to trades like processing of withholding tax, stamp duty, tax refunds, etc.
Key Responsibilities would include:-
- The primary responsibility is to provide first level of supervisory support, in the day to day management of the business deliverables and the team.
- Accountability for service quality of the team and ensure operational procedures are followed, that tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide first level of supervision to the staff during business hours.
- Support the Process Manager in their mission to provide top quality operations in support of this global business.
- Ensure that procedures are documented and that the documentation is updated periodically.
- Identify requirements for additional controls
- Verification of Team Members work on a daily basis and training of new hires.
- Daily investigation and escalation of any issues
- Provide daily/weekly statistics