Risk – Reporting, Projects & Middle Office is a Corporate Risk function that manages the production and distribution of large volumes of technical risk reports across the organization, covering all products and crossing all risk stripes.
The Operational Assurance & Advisory team helps identify and reduce any operational risks associated with key business processes within Risk – Reporting, Projects & Middle Office. The objective of the team’s program is to evaluate the design and effectiveness of controls and reporting processes, providing management with the ability to consistently and continuously assess the internal control environment and improve its processes.
The LATAM & Canada Lead for Operational Assurance & Advisory will work across the region, with key risk reporting/risk management stakeholders, senior management as well as key LOB Partners (Control Office, Internal Audit, Finance and Operations) to execute the objectives of the team in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role provides exposure across a variety of risk stripes and products. Key responsibilities are as follows:
· Scope, design and lead quality assurance reviews over Legal Entity Risk Reporting/Risk Management processes, present findings to senior management, recommend action plans to address operational risks and process deficiencies.
· Perform process mapping, data quality/aggregation analysis and control design/effectiveness testing (Excel/Access/VBA/SQL/Macros/System-to-System Reconciliations/System Queries)
· Support the Regional Firmwide Risk Reporting function as an independent adviser.
· Manage direct report(s) and projects.
· Define test requirements, technical test scripts and analysis required to effectively verify operational processes/procedures.
· Develop deep business process knowledge and stay abreast of business and regulatory changes throughout the region.
· Manage Risk Control Self Assessment (RCSA) and integrity testing of reporting tools across the region.
· Investigate and escalate critical issues; and achieve agreement on measures to address control deficiencies.
· Establish strong partnerships with Risk Stakeholders and Partners in the region
· Create clear, concise management presentations on processes and their control environment for senior management.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
· Strong understanding of financial products, transaction lifecycles, systems and controls.
· Minimum of 5 years Financial Institution experience at a senior or supervisory level in a relevant risk, audit (internal/external) or similar control function.
· Strong technical skills in Access and Excel (Programming, Debugging, Process Automation).
· Excellent communication abilities, both written and oral including fluent English.
· Proven track record in partnering with business, technology and operations partners to proactively identify control and process improvement.
· Demonstrated history of reviewing and documenting control environments (SOX).
· Strong analytical skills in interpretation of data and identification of anomalies.
· Experience in project management.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
· Flexibility for regional travel required
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.