Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 350+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing - SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
o Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Middle office Trade Booking and Regulatory
- Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
- Client Intelligence
The role is primarily within the E-Trading Technology department serving the Electronic Client Solutions business. The team covers Equities, Futures and Options and is expanding across other asset classes, including Commodities, Credit and Rates.
The team is responsible for providing a global electronic trading service to JP Morgan Global and European clients.
The JP Morgan electronic trading suite of products is offered to clients via client connectivity technology which uses the Financial Information eXchange protocol (FIX). The service offered includes Equities Single Stock, Program Trading, Allocations, IOIs, Algorithmic Stock Trading, Direct Market Access and other asset classes.
The electronic trading suite of products uses ultra low latency exchange connectivity technology to interface to key European liquidity venues (Stock Exchanges, MTFs, and Dark Pools). Exchange connectivity applications are developed in C++ and also hardware accelerated platforms using a range of cutting edge technologies. The exchange connectivity gateways implement native exchange protocols for key venues, such as LSE, Euronext, Xetra, SWX, Chi-X, and BATS.
· Integration of FIX and native protocol exchange connectivity applications
· Managing the go-live process and co-ordination with dependent teams
· Co-ordination with external venues, software/hardware vendors and network providers
· Process improvement, e.g. the use of automated testing tools, procedures for service delivery
· Some 3rd line support for applications
To enhance the exchange connectivity platform, primarily for EMEA but also for the global team, including North America and Asia.
The candidate must have the following skills:
· Good knowledge of FIX protocol
· Good knowledge of networking, TCP stacks
· Good knowledge of Electronic Trading, ideally with exposure to Futures and Options
· Proven track record of effective testing and troubleshooting
· Good knowledge of Linux, including scripting, e.g. Korn, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby
Prior experience of the following is of benefit, but not essential
· Native exchange protocols – e.g. for LSE, XETRA, EURONEXT
· Application development using one or more of C++, C, Java, C#
· Third-party messaging, e.g. MQ, Tibco RV, 29West/Informatica
· Requirements capture and some project management duties
· Strong verbal and written communication is essential
· Ability to work effectively with globally-dispersed teams
· Fluency in, and ability to discuss design nuances and talk through implementation decisions
· Completer-finisher orientation
· Comfortable working with ambiguity, and owning end-to-end development with support from the team manager and peers
· Personal commitment to high-quality deliverables, and able to respond to constructive review and modification by the team
· Aspiration to work in a fast-paced investment banking environment
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.