J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Management, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Wealth Management division of J.P Morgan Chase & Co is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.3 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Managed Solutions & Strategy (MSS) Overview: Managed Solutions & Strategy (MSS) manages discretionary investment strategies and performs manager due diligence for clients across J.P. Morgan Global Wealth Management (GWM) and Chase Wealth Management (CWM). Discretionary investment offerings include multi-asset, single asset class and alternative strategies offered through individual accounts and private and registered funds. MSS performs due diligence on traditional and alternative asset class managers, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
The MSS Specialized Strategies Team is responsible for delivering client solutions across managed equities, customized bond portfolios and multi-asset offerings. Assets under management of the Specialized Strategies Team are over 40 billion dollars. The portfolios are actively managed with a clear mandate to optimize specific risk-adjusted total return targets. The team manages multi-asset class portfolios and concentrated equity and bond portfolios. Many of the portfolios are geared towards an outcome-oriented approach to investing.
Job Description: The Analyst will support each of the portfolio management teams within the Specialized Strategies Team. The Analyst is expected to develop an understanding of the investment process associated with a variety of diversified global investment portfolios. He or she will work closely with Portfolio Management teams and other internal teams as required. Examples of the types of responsibilities and work the analyst would be involved in are: and execute initiatives across Managed Solutions & Strategy (MSS), focusing on projects and BAU activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Advisory / Alpha Program and Endowments and Foundations: performance reporting, attribution, producing portfolio characteristics and risk statistics, preparation of slides for quarterly governance meeting
• Managed Equities: produce or develop, where needed, reporting needed by the Portfolio Managers. Examples include: equity screens based on valuation and price changes, outstanding share count ownership and attribution reports
• Develop and automate summary reports to serve as the Specialized Strategies CIO dashboard. Attributes of the report include: performance, regional, geographic, and currency exposures, asset class, sector and market cap exposures
• Develop and automate business management reporting. Examples include detailed and summary reports of changes to AUM and investment flows
• After developing an understanding of the business, provide input to improve processes and reporting for existing capabilities
Willing to work afternoon shifts
Qualifications: We seek candidates with a unique blend of interpersonal and analytical skills. The Analyst should efficiently leverage both qualitative and quantitative resources to understand complex situations and present solutions. Specific requirements include:
The investment teams recognize the critical role that Analysts play in our overall success. The role is demanding and requires professionalism, teamwork, communication, prioritization, quantitative and analytical skills, accuracy, and efficiency. Through this challenging role, Analysts attain working knowledge of investment strategy, portfolio construction and implementation, and investor dialogue. The candidate should be capable of adapting to increasing responsibilities within the role.
• Qualified Professional (CA/MBA/CFA) 5-6 years
• Ability to synthesize and organize multiple sources of data and present findings in a clear, organized, and marketable fashion. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use both qualitative and quantitative tools, are necessary.
• Advanced Excel experience is required (experience with macros / coding / Python a plus).
• Accuracy, precision, and attention to detail are needed, as well as an ability to work under pressure. A “self-starter” attitude is required.
• The ability to multi-task is important – the candidate should be organized and efficient.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical as the candidate will be required to work as a team player on a highly visible and demanding global investments team.
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate an interest in and broad knowledge of capital markets, investments, portfolio construction, and portfolio management
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.