J.P. Morgan Asset Management is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, with assets under supervision of $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion (as of 30 Sep 2015). J.P. Morgan’s investment professionals are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
The Global Investment Management Solutions Group uses its capital markets, asset allocation, portfolio construction, and active risk budgeting capabilities to deliver customized, cross-asset class solutions to the investment management needs of individuals, pension plans, retirement plans, insurance plans, endowments, and foundations. The Business-Aligned Strategic Operations Group supports the Solutions Group, performing these primary functions: (a) ensures the accuracy of investment data used within the Front-Office suite of applications, (b) drives process improvement projects for the Front Office, (c) acts as a central point of contact for the Front Office for interactions with downstream teams, and (d) provides extended operational support for complex client relationships. While the Strategic Operations Group resides within the Operations organization, it is tightly integrated with portfolio managers, portfolio implementation specialists, and technologists.
The incumbent is responsible for providing ongoing operational support to the Front Office by performing such tasks as:
- Monitoring and maintaining the data integrity of Front Office systems
- Conducting ongoing data validation tests
- Preparing reports for the Front Office and for Operations management
- Partnering with the Front Office, Core Operations, and Technology teams to resolve issues
As a member of the Strategic Operations Group, the incumbent is also responsible for supporting various process improvement projects for the Front, Middle, and Back Offices. The incumbent will work closely with the rest of the Strategic Operations Group to:
- Analyze and document current state business processes
- Collect and analyze data, interpret results, and make recommendations
- Define, document, and implement improvements to processes