About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
Who we are
We are a small, focused team of passionate engineers, data and business people and designers set on creating and building products that transform the way we and our clients do business.
Sure, we are part of a large financial services firm operating in a highly-regulated environment, and that means we are not as flexible or agile as your average company – let alone a startup. But we are careful stewards of our clients’ trust and money and combine creativity and speed with discipline and awareness.
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries – finance and technology.
It also means that what we build matters and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach our 1000s of clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business – from trading securities in multiple markets to moving trillions of dollars a day. We won’t build it unless we know it is scalable.
We are obsessed with effectiveness, productivity and efficiency; if we find an issue or broken process, we fix it. We work with the right tools, make decisions quickly, and only pursue those ideas that can scale and meet our clients’ and our business’ critical needs.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. By now, it’s a cliché that Banks will have to embrace technology and innovation if they are to thrive in the years to come. We are already bought into this and are committed to show that we can do it, and are looking for others to join. You will:
· Professional experience as a data scientist or a related software engineering role
· Graduate degree (MS, PhD) in mathematics, computer science, physical sciences or other quantitative discipline
· Thorough understanding of probability and statistics, Bayesian methods, time series analysis
· Expertise in theory and practice of Statistics, Empirical Data Analysis, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
· Experience and in-depth knowledge of Python and other modern programming languages
· Experience in at least one specialized statistical computing environment, preferably R
· Experience in practical data processing, data mining, text mining and information retrieval tasks
· Experience of scalable data management tools including Relational and NoSQL databases, Big Data architectures a strong plus
· Knowledge of Python’s data analysis and machine learning libraries a strong plus
· Great communication skills, team player, self-starter, self , demonstrated strong work ethic
· Desire to use modern technologies as a disruptive influence within the Finance domain
Send us your resume, linkedin profile, and/or twitter handle.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.