About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintain relationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs. You will work with the trading and research teams to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, executing client orders and providing institutional clients with information about specific securities. You may also be involved in providing marketing ideas and help initiate transactions. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to other sales teams.
- Expand own account list and revenue impact by proactively strengthening existing relationships and introducing new ones.
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades.
- Prioritize resource allocation across clients and products to maximize revenue generation
- Take appropriate steps to get to know existing and prospective clients from a variety of angles to ensure comprehensive understanding of their organization and how it is run.
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive. Understands how we can help achieve their goals in ways that differentiate us from competitors
- Hold trusting relationships with a variety of internal partners and help Impact revenue outside of own product area.
- Set the tone for the team by influencing others to operate in the interest of the firm and sell broad capabilities.
- Help drive product improvements to meet changing client needs.
- Instil a culture of compliance, integrity and ethics within business.
- Ensure risks on a deal/product are appropriately identified, and are measurable and monitorable in firm's systems.
- Take ownership for thinking ahead to identify potential future issues, and escalate and help resolve them.
- Models and promotes coaching and continuous learning. Informally mentors and coaches others
- Drives the IB people development agenda through leadership of key initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training etc).
- Understand the firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Provide developmental feedback to team members; effectively deliver tough messages and encourage performance improvement.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Significant experience gained within a sales role in an investment banking environment
- Ability to talk in detail your knowledge of the current market (including trends) for Fixed Income
- Ability to talk in detail your understanding of the entire landscape: knowledge of the client's sector and client's specific business needs and limitations. Deep understanding of client-specific nuances and leverages that help deliver more value to clients and the firm.
- Ability to use a well established selling style that fits own personality and can effectively adjust it to individual clients as needed
- Understands the product cycle and anticipate market trends and impacts across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to talk in detail of your understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline; identifies and works to retain strong performers.
- Familiar with existing systems used by JPMorgan is preferred
- English fluency is essential
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.