The Wholesale Client On-boarding (WCOB) program is a cross-business program focused on building a global platform to streamline the Client On-boarding process. This transformation program's goal is to implement a standardized and consistent Client on-boarding approach across J.P. Morgan Chase Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) in order to deliver a best in class client experience.
WCOB is supported by the Global Controls team whose role is to develop and manage a Control Program in each region that identifies and monitors significant risks and ensures compliance with operational policies, control procedures and legal/regulatory requirements.
As a WCOB Risk & Control Officer, you will be responsible for supporting a Control Program within your region that identifies and monitors significant risks and remediation efforts, and ensures compliance with operational policies and control procedures and legal/regulatory requirements. The Control Program will support the end-to-end WCOB organization by providing management with sufficient information to understand and monitor key operational risks and regulatory activities/concerns.
• Provide support to the Controls leadership in the region to manage the control related activities and ensure all WCOB risks are identified, understood, mitigated and maintained
• Analyze issues identified for trends and appropriate corrective action in all affected areas. Perform root cause analysis and work with COB teams to implement best practices.
• Ensure policies and procedures provide sufficient guidance to COB teams and work with Compliance and other Control functions to identify strategic and tactical changes needed to comply with new or enhanced Corporate and Regulatory requirements.
• Perform internal control reviews and Control Self-Assessments testing to validate the effectiveness of key controls in the COB operational processes.
• Provide reporting of significant control activities (e.g., status of audits and exams, outstanding issues and corrective actions, continuity of business plans and testing, critical information security breaches, control scorecards for COB Organization, mandatory training breaches, etc.). Information to be sourced from all related sources.
• Develop and maintain solid knowledge of WCOB BAU production activities and processes/systems/platforms used to carry out these activities.
• Work to tight deadlines, and deliver an accurate product in a very aggressive schedule.
• Support the Global Control function by participating in various control initiatives/projects as assigned by the Control Manager
• Support WCOB Controls with tracking and reporting of key control activities (e.g., RCSA, audits, regulatory exams, etc.).
• Assist to develop solutions to address control concerns.
• Enter approved action plans into Phoenix and track status until closure.
• Perform testing to ensure control issues/concerns have been addressed
The ideal candidate should fit the following requirements:
• Minimum 3-5 years experience of identifying and/or implementing financial and/or operational controls within Investment & Corporate Banking business of a Financial Institution. Relevant experience in the following areas is required: operational risk, operational control, internal and/or external audit, management reporting and project management.
• Knowledge of/experience in Client Onboarding, AML and KYC strongly preferred.
• Solid experience supporting key control projects/initiatives.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and oral/written communication skills.
• Detail and results oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks, changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Solid judgment and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build consensus. History of success working in a team environment.
• Handle regular activities without prompting, and advise in advance with issues or delays.
• Strong initiative, energy and confidence to complete projects with limited supervision
• Must exhibit a high degree of motivation, sense of urgency and professional demeanor
• Excellent use of Excel and Power Point