The role of the Securities Processing Strategy and Business Solutions Team ensures the alignment of Securities Processing Operations strategy to our various initiatives including systems, industry, location and regulatory programs, focusing on the end to end business flows as well as to bridge the strategies with our middle office and technology partners.
The successful candidate will join a team focused on operational business transformation. The team will expand our ability to identify opportunities and better ways to achieve E2E Process Improvement, regulatory changes, improved client service, revenue enhancement, cost reduction, risk mitigation, or other priorities as defined by management. The team will work across Securities Processing Operations as well as with stakeholders across Product, Other Ops , Service and Technology globally.
As a Program Manager you will be responsible for end to end management of business analysis, strategy recommendation and execution of change management initiatives, consistent with the business strategy and principles.
- Delivery of solutions that challenge the way we operate today in order to deliver a significantly more efficient and effective operating platform and service
- Work with operations partners to develop E2E business flows, identifying optimization opportunities.
- Identify existing portfolio of work across functions and develop alignment strategy
- Partner with global and cross-functional groups to deliver innovative solutions.
- Provide recommendations for improvements across all aspects of operating model - re-design of organizational structure, process efficiencies and technology enhancements
- Delivery of multiple projects to drive the execution of the Securities Operations Strategy
- Interact with other projects that effect Securities Operations to ensure common approach to solutions that work for Operating groups globally (for example – Middle Office, Business Transformation)
- Deliver solutions that are adding scale, reducing risk, improving client experience (timeliness, quality, rework, etc)
- Delivery of solutions that challenge the way we operate today in order to deliver a significantly more efficient and effective operating platform and service Large scale global program management
- Financial Markets/Services gained ideally in a leading firm.
- Programme Management – Prior exposure of large scale front-to-back. Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple streams of work at any given time. Full lifecycle program management including: workstream and lifecycle definition, resource management (both virtual and direct), pre- and post-execution, program closure.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven experience to manage large scale, complex projects across multiple locations
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and communicate the strategic vision to all levels
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with business partners, senior stakeholders and external clients, fostering partnerships quickly across multiple disciplines and functions
- Ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results
- Ability to think outside of the box coupled with practical execution to solve multi-dimensional, cross location issues and taking the initiative to drive change
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to work as part of a remote global team will be critical
- Governance – establish and run a regular governance forum across key stakeholders groups.
- Partner with key business and technology representatives in order to drive business requirements, testing and overall delivery.
- Define project organization. Define and resource both the internal and virtual teams required to implement the programs defined above. Work with management to identify and secure the resources required to build out the organization.
- Process Reengineering - Definition of future state business process to ensure consistency and gain maximum benefit from technology deliveries.
- Leadership - Assume a key leadership role within the Strategic initiatives programe team. Build & develop relationships, within and across functions.
- Broad knowledge of Financial Markets/Services gained ideally in a leading firm.
- Programme Management – Prior exposure of large scale front-to-back, full lifecycle project & programme management. Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple streams of work at any given time
- Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
- Minimum degree educated with banking knowledge within a Trading environment exposure a plus.
- Leverage subject matter expertise in driving conversations and/or influencing decisions/direction with Business / stake holders and Technology.
- Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships required to leverage parts of the organization as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and strong analytical skills required.
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt within a changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and must be able to demonstrate outstanding delivery track record.
- Ability to lead and work independently.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.