The Pyramid evolution project aims at delivering the next generation platform for sales and trading. Its core is built on the latest technology (Java 8, NoSQL, messaging .etc.) and covers the functions required for front office (sales, sales trade workflow) and middle office users.
The role consists in helping the integration of the equity cash trades into the platform to allow the decoupling of the risk platform from the existing position maintenance tool sitting the back office system. The role is challenging due to the volume of data that needs to be ingested and the complexity of the business logic.
· Work with subject matter experts to ensure that the solution meets business needs.
· Develop java services leveraging the current platform and handling the currnet and projected volumes/executing the required business logic.
· Build with stability, efficiency, scalability, testability in mind. Testing, code quality and design skills are essential in this job.
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing - SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
o Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Middle office Trade Booking and Regulatory
- Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
- Client Intelligence
We are looking for highly talented and driven technologists who have a track record of delivering outstanding solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry where first class solutions with 5 9’s uptime are the norm.
· Typically 5-10 years hands-on experience and recognized expert on Java. The candidate must be able to answer tough questions on these languages.
· Very pro-active , delivery focus , strong experience on Agile programming
· Good knowledge of the JVM with an understanding of performance and memory optimization .
· Open to new/different technologies.
· Strong OO design skills with good knowledge of object modelling and design patterns.
· Keen to understand and solve business related problems.
· Computer science background with an intellectual rigour
· Relational database experience; ideally Sybase/SQL.
· Experience of messaging e.g. AMQ, Tibco .etc.
· Ability to solve complex problems and a p
· Strong communication and team-working skills
· Experience of working in financial services, in a front or middle-office environment.
· Understanding of equity cash trading.
· Experience with NoSQL databases.
To degree level, ideally in a computer science, mathematical or engineering discipline
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.