JPMorgan offers a full range of financial services to consumer and commercial customers. Further information can be found on the company's website: www.jpmorgan.com.
The focus of the group is one of client service. This particular position is part of a newly formed team within the custody client service middle office for asset servicing and relates to the global business. The role offers an exciting opportunity to directly influence and implement improvements and enhancements to the current service offering. There is a far greater slant to the management of the operational risk of this business and a great deal of effort is necessary to ensure tight controls around the numerous flows of the various structures.
A high degree of analytical thinking coupled with strong communication skills are required to support clients during the lifecycle of an asset servicing event. In addition, the ability to understand and manage the multitude of complex corporate actions that get processed on a daily basis. The candidate must possess client service experience, specifically asset servicing. The remit of the team is to add value and enhance the existing client experience.
The responsibilities of the position are:
1. Oversee the corporate action lifecycle working with clients and operations to minimize event risk/errors.
2. To understand the security movements and cash flows associated with each corporate action and to respond to assist the wider middle office team with complex and high risk queries/issues
3. To proactively identify and implement tactical and strategic opportunities to enhance the existing client experience. This will involve working closely with teams outside the middle office including product, client service and technology.
4. To be able to perform trade reconciliations, check option positions, communicate with clients and service managers.
5. To be able to work within a team and lend assistance as needed as workflows increase for other team members.
6. Ability to understand and manage events form end to end, ensuring all controls are followed, and where applicable enhanced to mitigate financial and reputational risk to the firm and its clients.
7. Ability to discuss risk management of complex corporate action events with high profile clients, and senior management.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.