JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) is accountable for the firm's global storage and compute portfolio across plan and operate functions. The organization drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for global compute, storage and web across the firm. Our goal is to deliver measurable business value by providing core technology solutions that meet business demand with a high degree of cost efficiency.
GTI - ICS is looking for an Infrastructure Service Support lead working with risk processes, execution and monitoring of risk related procedures, promoting risk policy awareness, and/or tracks and reports on risk compliance in line with established IT Control policies, processes and procedures. This position should typically be used for an advanced or lead level resource. It is very important that this lead has the ability to perform automation development as this team will drive automation across our technology stack. In this role you will become familiar with a wide variety of our internal technologies, (Risk and Controls, build, monitoring, ticketing, configuration management, performance optimization) and help to hook them all together to introduce efficiency. The role is both Development and Operations and is ideal for someone with a related background then can help introduce best practice as the group matures. The role requires someone to be creative and passionate about technology along with being able to work independently and as part of a team. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leading company, with smart risk leads and engineers in an exciting, changing and challenging environment.
- This roll will look after all aspects of Risk and Audit concerns, and Service improvements.
- Risk Management
- Audit Management
- Hygiene Process
- Inventory Management
- Fixed Asset Process
- Threat vulnerability management
- Cyber and Access management
- Writing scripts to automate risk related processes and maintenance of systems in a distributed, enterprise environment
- Working closely with engineering and operational teams to identify automation opportunities and solutions to currently manual work practices
- Exploring new technologies to optimize the delivery and reliability of automation
- Interfacing with internal customers, inputting into technical solutions, advising on best practice and validating new implementations
- Developing and promoting standard operating procedures and creating processes and tooling for operation efficiency
- Minimum 5-10+ years experience with Risk related technologies and Project management.
- Good knowledge of interfacing technologies such as networking, storage, virtualization, applications and data center technologies.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, preferably Perl, Python or PowerShell
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience with CI and CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis, SCCM, SCOM etc.
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, WebSphere, Nginx, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a Linux or Windows environment
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Experience with devops tools, processes and culture
- Ability to develop and maintain strong peer/client/customer relationships underpinned by a service oriented approach to work.
- An understanding of ITIL concepts (foundation knowledge or above) and procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to perform in a highly pressurized and changing work environment.
- Degree level education or equivalent caliber