CIB – Custody Middle Office - Associate - Hong Kong
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The
world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100
countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank
provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody Middle Office, Investor Services
Custody Middle Office Representatives are the daily contact and first point of escalation for clients and internal operations
teams. They take ownership of the issue and will assess, coordinate and manage the issues with the assistance of the
internal teams ensuring that service delivery standards are consistent with service level agreement.
Custody MO Reps are responsible for the monitoring, reporting and advocating continuous improvement of the service delivery
relationship between J.P. Morgan and the client. They use various tools to monitor client issues and track progress across
the organization, including an enquiry management tool.
Internally, the Custody MO team works in close partnership with the Client Service Account Managers (CSAMs) who own the
complex items such as Service Delivery Issues (SDIs) and/or Service Requests (SRs). The Custody MO Rep works with, and
manage through, other operational areas both locally and globally to ensure provision of timely and efficient level of issues
Externally, Custody MO Reps foster a close relationship with our clients in order to understand their requirements and
expectations and pro-actively identify query reduction opportunities. Custody MO Reps also meet with clients by participating in client service review meetings and attend service calls with CSAMs, when required.
The Custody MO Rep will often take part in projects. The role of the Custody MO Rep may vary depending on the initiative. It is expected that he/she will partner and be the advocate for the client across other internal business and operations groups.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
- Full accountability for the E2E query resolution raised by clients. These queries will include, but not be limited to
Settlements and Corporate Actions, Tax and Income. This will involve detailed discussions/handholding with operations on
processes and actions to be taken therein.
- Building relationships with clients to understand client behavior and requirements.
- Drive resolution and management of client queries, leveraging internal teams globally and regionally as appropriate.
Identify Service Requests and Service Delivery Issues for CSAMs to address; as well as any daily activities that may
impact client satisfaction.
- Daily contact with clients by email and phone calls. Attend client meetings and calls with CSAMs when required.
- Monitoring and resolution of risk indicators to ensure that both J.P. Morgan and the client are aware of any issues that
may have an adverse financial or reputational impact.
- University degree
- 3+ yrs experience in Custody Business and/or portfolio servicing environment or other securities related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets and instruments, both domestic and global is an advantage. A good understanding of trade, cash settlement and Asset Servicing is also required.
- Strong focus in client service management, communication and delivery.
- Demonstrated technical, professional, and organizational expertise and a desire to continuously grow and maintain this knowledge.
- Focuses on accountability, action and outcomes to ensure solutions meet client needs while aligning business deliverables to the firm's mission and goals.
- Proactively responds and adapts to change - supports and influences strategies to enable business transformation and enhancement.
- As this role will have regular client facing involvement and engagement with senior staff in all areas of Investor Services, the person in this role must be confident, articulate and able to represent J.P. Morgan in front of clients. Communication skills (Verbal & Written) will be an added advantage.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.