J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
- Asset Management revenues growing 6 times faster than the rest of the firm
- New CIO from the Investment Bank leading Asset Management change program
- Investment Management Technology Investment up 20% in ‘14 and will be up 20% in ’15
GRT (Global Research Technology) is seeking a well rounded hands-on technologist who is experienced in building applications that support the Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on research & portfolio management functions. The candidate will be part of the development team that works closely with the Front Office users and Technology vendors and develops end-to-end solutions to assist research analysts & portfolio managers on their day-to-day research, portfolio construction and risk management needs.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with research, portfolio management desks
- Designing and implementing the next generation of research, portfolio construction and portfolio analytics visualization tools.
- Be part of a global technology team to collaborate on tools build out for global business user base
- Extensive experience and recognized expert in Java
- Experience working on Java server side frameworks – Spring, iBatis etc.,
- Experience working with SQL server (or other RDBMS), hands on SQL programming, data modelling and performance tuning.
- Experience developing web services using REST, JSON etc.,
- Has solid understanding of Software development process and use of Agile methodologies
- Strong design/architecture experience
- Proficient at Excel/VBA. VSTO experience a plus.
Business Knowledge and others:
- Experience of working in financial services, in a front-office environment.
- Research, Portfolio Management background is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as single person team when needed for end to end ownership
- Very pro-active, delivery focus, strong experience on agile programming.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Deep understanding of cross assess classes markets and institutional investment process.
- CFA, MBA, and/or Financial Engineering degree is a major plus.
r - Internal
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.