The Operation Technology servicing team (OPT) moves quickly, efficiently and effectively on the right work for the business at the right times, providing end-to-end technology solutions for the Consumer & Community Banking(CCB) lines of business.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive OPT QA transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current Operation in Technology (OPT) service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability in OPT. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in OPT financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The OPT Quality Assurance team is looking for a Senior QA Manager to work along side a team of 9-10 Quality Engineer development professionals primarily located in India & US area. The Quality Engineer’s primary responsibility will be to help in test the Water fall/Agile User Stories into automated test scenarios run during sprints & all releases. You will work closely with our technology partners in Business, Development and Quality Assurance to ensure that what we build validates the business intent of the product. The successful candidate will possess a strong coding background, architecture understanding and a working knowledge of both automated agile (TDD/BDD) and waterfall methodologies. The successful candidate will also possess skills necessary to ensure successful coding and maintenance of automated unit, acceptance and regression tests with a focus on early automation & shift left.
Quality Assurance Manager Responsibilities:
- Work within a larger Quality Engineer team to implement suitable continuous integration (CI) frameworks, AFT and enabling earlier discovery of defects and higher quality software.
- Work in Agile scrum teams along side development and business analysts to build/maintain effective automated user acceptance tests that will validate application user stories
- Code end-end automated regression scenarios to be used as regression tests during development integration and QA cycles
- Identify and build service layer automated test solutions to support early automation
- Adhere to development coding standards and recommend continuous improvement of processes for OPT QA Automation.
- Leverage existing test frameworks to solve specific problems in various Development and QA organizations.
- Work proactively with CCB OPT developers, managers and business partners to develop, coordinate, communicate and enforce testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Drive the overall OPT QA Test Automation strategy to accelerate preparation and execution of testing activities.
- Plan/coordinate early testing across multiple platforms and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required
- 10+ years of experience with the following:
- Team Quality Engineer or Developer or Automator on an enterprise Information Technology (IT) team
- Hands on experience with web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
- Hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium Grid, Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc)
- Working experience with platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Windows Server, Linux/Unix, J2EE, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc)
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Understanding of TDD, BDD and Shift Left concepts
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA organizations
- Ability to prepare and effectively present status reports in either Agile Standup meetings or for QA
- Knowledge and benefits of Services and API layer development and testing
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office products – to include Access queries and Excel macros
- Understanding of Database schemas and SQL queries a must
- Understanding of development and test automation best practices
- Understanding of J2EE design patterns
- Excellent Leadership skills and experience working in QA, Automation and Development teams
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Experience in use of MS Office products for both analysis and presentation
- Experience in delivering end-to-end technology implementation solutions
- Must have full life-cycle experience in large, global multi-tiered systems, preferably in the financial industry
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication / presentation skills
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self starter
- Prepared to challenge when business requirements seem conflicting
- Drive/Determination and knowledge.
The behavioral requirements of this role are as follows:-
· Good leadership skills in hiring and managing large number of BI App Devs and / or Q/A Testers
· Excellent process discipline in project execution
· High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
· Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all levels..
· High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception through to implementation.
· The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
· Good analysis skills in order to aid in trouble shooting and problem solving