1. Roles & Responsibilities – include specific functions/ tasks/ performance objectives
• Design Essbase Applications and provide ongoing support for the Corporate Sector group.
• Taking ownership of specific projects including application design based upon requirements gathered and understanding of functional specifications.
• Development of report scripts to export data and feed to downstream loads.
• Development and implementation of MaxL and windows batch scripts to automate operations.
• Develop user data access filters.
• Troubleshoot user reported application issues and communicate resolution.
• Investigate and analyze production issues and resolve in a timely manner.
• Write and maintain application support documents
2. Preferred Skills & Experience – include specifics, as above
Flexible in working occasional early, late, and weekend hours to implement monthly or non-scheduled application maintenance
This Position requires Bachelors degree, or its equivalent in information management, finance/business, accounting, computer science, or another applicable technical degree.
Prior professional database experience with Hyperion Essbase database configuration and administration.
Experience in designing & troubleshooting Calc Scripts (MDX, MaxL & EssCmd)
ASO & BSO outline design, including UDAs, Attribute Dimensions, Data /Dimension rules.
Expertise in optimizing calculation script performance, BSO formulas and MDX ASO formulas.
Advanced knowledge of Excel Essbase Add-in functionality.
Experience in extracting data from SAPCO, HCR and CDGL is helpful.
Proficiency with Unix or AIX is helpful.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong ability to multi-task /change focus quickly
Strong technical documentation skills
Team Player - can work with multiple teams and groups
Detail Oriented - can organize and work with multiple systems
Adaptable and able to quickly learn new processes and/or technologies
Essential Skills & Experience -- include specifics regarding academic/ professional qualifications (e.g. degree, university, results), # years total and # years relevant work experience, relevant employers, relevant experience (nature of work/ job functions)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with technical bend of mind
- Must be team oriented and willing to assume multiple tasks as needed (attitude to learn and deliver)
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- Must have the analytical skills & good logical sense.
- Demonstrates flexibility, teamwork and control in dealing with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet demanding deliverables and high volume
- Must be detail oriented and maintain professional behavior under stressful situations.
- Extremely organized and control oriented to handle diverse workload
- Previous analytical and financial experience a plus.