CIB Finance & Business Management provides financial and business management support to JPMC's Banking Technology Group, that partner with all lines of business (both internal and external) to deliver application technology solutions.
The Banking Technology Business Manager position partners with Trade Finance Chief Business Technologist (CBT) to drive strategic decisions impacting governance, priorities, budget, forecast, control, and overall direction of an increasingly growing and evolving group.
• Executive Level Presentations on strategy, budget, project delivery, controls, risks, etc. Supporting the Front Office (Business/Product and Business Managers) in understanding and challenging the full front to back technology allocations.
• Assist in driving overall strategic agendas and prioritization process
• Help to drive Town Halls, off sites, and weekly management meetings
• Partner with senior technology managers in building financial plans with associated budget/forecast/variance analysis and assist in understanding the inputs to and conclusions that can be drawn from, the analysis of performance vs. plan and financial forecasting.
• Ensure processes are in place to provide the proper level of transparency on expenses with a focus on key drivers
• Drive large scale productivity agendas. Identify areas of cost savings opportunity across the organization.
• Continuous review of processes providing timely and accurate Management Reporting
• Partner with Senior Management to provide insight and transparency around the technology expense base, delivery schedule, and efficiency and resource agendas
• Provide Senior Manager proper management reporting, communication and client reporting, focusing on the overall business unit performance against objectives. Proactively highlight issues and risks to the objectives, derive solutions and drive remedies to completion.
• Act as lead of the planning and forecasting process for the leads within the Technology team
• Build strong relationships with central accounting, P&A, and reporting to manage:
o Monthly forecasting
o Annual Planning
o Monthly Financial Reporting Process - includes Executive Management Reporting
• Delivery also includes:
o Oversight of Business Case Process - signoff and review of all business cases
o Track and communicate status and achievements of technology group and how they relate to the overall financials
o Monthly financial reporting process
• Resource Management includes
o Develop multi year staffing plans
o Understanding resource profile by area - ramp- ups, type and locations
• Help drive annual planning at various management levels
o Ensure timetable and deliverable schedules are understood and communicated to the team
o Organize required reporting for business review sessions
o Agree calculation of metrics by central teams - service rates, exit rates, entry rates
o Articulate plan - roll forwards, initiative descriptions
• 10+ years Technology Business Management (COO/CAO type)and strong Financial Management Background
• Experience with Finance, Accounting, Program/Portfolio Management, managing large scale productivity initiatives
• Excellent organization skills
• Experience in working with senior level executives
• Good consensus builder; able to drive large scale cross silo/regional initiatives
• Clear communication skills, and the ability to articulate complex issues concisely
• Excellent presentation skills – Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential
• Leadership, relationship-building and influencing skills to drive agenda’s across a number of functions
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.