Roles & Responsibilities -
· Initial investigation, solution identification and sizing of production issues.
· Requirements management and high level design.
· Detailed analysis and design. Specification for construction by yourself or another team member.
· Build and unit test against specifications.
· Responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality code
· System test planning and system test execution.
· Support QA phase by tracking and assigning defects to development team; work with QA leads to schedule fixes and builds and enable QA to be successful
. Task management for the project
· Implementation and warranty support.
· Identify efficiencies and ways to improve design and development processes
· Identify ways to increase efficiency of production support - Find solutions that allow operations to better do their job without involving development resource time.
· Excellent knowledge of the Full life cycle of a project
The technical requirements of this role are as follows:-
· At least 6 - 9 years software development experience required in the OO environment
· At least 6 – 9 years of J2ee and Web development experience including Spring, GWT, Accordions etc
· Proficiency with java development environment using Eclipse, Version Control tools
· At least 4 - 5 years experience of working with financial services applications.
· At Least 4 - 5 years analysis and Design using OO design methodologies - RUP, UML
· Desired: Deployment scripting with Maven, Subversion, GIT, Stash, Knowledge of Keon
The behavioral requirements of this role are as follows:-
· High level of personal commitment to each task, a can do attitude and a drive to deliver.
· Ability to pitch communication at different audiences appropriately, from technical colleagues to managers in the business.
· Strong communication skills to be able to communicate at all levels.
· Ability to gather and understand requirements, create UML Analysis/Design Models.
· High level of responsibility and Ownership from inception through to implementation.
· The candidate should have a proactive approach to problem solving.
· Good analysis skills in order to aid in trouble shooting and problem solving
· Good testing principles as well as good defect management skills