J.P. Morgan Private Equity Fund Services offers high quality outsourced administration and banking services to private equity firms and institutional investors. J.P. Morgan enables private equity managers and institutional investors to focus on building wealth - while we take care of all their administrative needs.
J.P. Morgan has the people, processes and technology to deliver a full suite of services. The Private Equity Fund Services group has over 200 highly skilled professionals with decades of experience in private equity accounting and operations, and offices in New York, London, Jersey (Channel Islands), Sydney, Chicago, Dallas and San Francisco. J.P. Morgan has invested in a market-leading technology solution to be able to service clients in a secure, confidential environment with strong controls.
Experience & Qualification:
· Perform daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting functions
· Prepare/review journal entries
· Prepare financial statements for funds and liaise with clients and external auditors
· Prepare investor capital calls, distributions, financial reports and capital statements
· Understand and analyze fund agreements in order to determine impact on financial reporting and partner capital accounting requirements
· Ownership and accountability of resources responsible for timely and accurate resolution of cash and securities reconciliation breaks
· Assist management in developing process efficiencies aimed at reducing daily break volume
· Assist/support the Client Delivery function with special projects and requests
· Identify fund issues and escalate to Manager on a timely basis
· Collaborate with various internal functional groups
Experience & Qualifications:
· Bachelors degree in Accounting – CA / ICWA / MBA/ MCom
· Up to 9+ years of accounting experience
· Experience working across multiple business areas and/or functions to deliver results
· Experience working in a truly global operating model with counterparts located in multiple countries and time zones
· Experience with projects and process improvement initiatives a plus
· Experience using partnership accounting applications (e.g., Investran) a plus
· High level of proficiency in Excel /Word/ Powerpoint
· Must be extremely organized and able to multitask
· Must be motivated and innovative and willing to explore new ways to enhance a process
· Must be a self-starter, proactive; Ability to work independently with strong follow through
· Must have people management skills
· Relationship building skills to develop partnerships and drive results
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must be a team player with the ability to network with co-workers
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.