NY & Boston – Associate Hedge Fund Accounting
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan Alternative Investment Services delivers an extensive solution for hedge fund, private equity, and fund of hedge fund clients seeking independent administration and custody services or to outsource their day-to-day operations. The Hedge Fund Accounting team has the responsibility for providing a premium quality client service to Alternative Investment Services Clients, ensuring deadlines are met at all times.
· Preparation/Review/Oversight of Net Asset Value Files
· Providing a premier client service to a defined group of clients by building strong relationships with the investment manager and any other third parties
· Have a thorough understanding of the theoretical and technical nature of hedge fund accounting and administration
· Developing thorough knowledge of his/her client base, prospectus, documentation, etc.
· Working with investment operations, reconciliations, shareholder services, financial reporting, and other partner teams internally to agree internal deadlines to ensure external client deadlines are met
· Performing quality assurance checks on information received internally from other supporting functions
· Producing accurate and timely Net Asset Values
· Working closely with your clients to resolve queries
· Producing ad hoc reports for clients
· Creating, maintaining and updating procedures for the funds
· Ensuring that you comply with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies
· Working closely with the new business team and clients through the on-boarding process
· Ensuring all schedule work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are signed and files contain all required
· Identifying efficiencies and areas for improvement to reduce risk and become more efficient
· Bachelor degree required, degree preference is Finance, Accounting, or Economics. (3.2 or higher GPA)
· Professional and proactive approach to work, problem solver
· Leadership & motivation
· The ability to deliver results
· Strong communication skills both oral and written
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
· Strong approach to client service
· Strong organizational skills, concern for quality & accuracy and working to strict deadlines
• Bachelor degree required
• 0-3 years of direct Bank Debt / Leveraged Loan operations experience; exposure to Distressed loans is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of vehicles related to Bank Debt (CLOs, private equity funds, etc) is a plus
• Strong analytical skills
• Superior communication skills
• Proven adaptability and ability to work in a high growth area
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.