JPMC's expanding Payment Processing Platform team is actively seeking an Applications Developer to take on the technical challenge and opportunity to deliver the next generation of global payment systems based on latest technologies. The successful candidate will have a varied technology background with exposure to multiple technology languages and platforms. Developed applications with adherence to IT controls while meeting tight time lines to Market goals is critical.
• To practically conceptualize, design and assist in the improvement of existing systems, the development of new systems and delivery of production architectures.
• To prototype and deliver working Proof of Concepts in order to demonstrate a technical ability to meet architecturally significant requirements - including non-functional requirements
• To provide guidance and mentoring to the build teams on an on-going basis and to drive the development efficiency
• Proficient in coding and providing support and guidance to the development teams during all phases of the SDLC including application support
• Communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
• Participate in system reviews and code reviews
• To prepare the architecture roadmaps and technical strategies
• Proactively drive efforts to reduce production costs and increase availability of the production platform against the agreed business drivers.
• Drive the implementation of Service Oriented Architecture by reuse of global systems, standards, components
• Strong understanding of meta-data based architecture related principles
· 10+ years of development experience with minimum bachelors degree in computer science or related stream
· General Payments knowledge is highly desirable
· Linux Redhat
· Proficient at Unix shell, awk scripting or other scripting languages
· Oracle 11G, SQL
· Websphere MQ
· Knowledge of source control systems, Subversion and/or Clearcase
· Autosys /CA7
· JAVA, J2EE ,Mule / Camel / Spring Integration / AngularJS
Additional Technologies preferred: No SQL DB; STORM; KAFKA; Horton Works ; SOLAR
· Strong communication and team-working skills
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience of working in teams and with remote groups
· Experience of working with vendors and users
· Ability to coordinate with technical infrastructure and architecture teams
· Experience of working in the Financial Services sector
· Experience of High Availability architecture designs in an Active-Active application model
· An understanding of file transfer and messaging environments
· Strong Configuration and Release management background
· Good understanding of business change life-cycle
· Ability to produce Detailed Design Specifications
· Ability to code, test and implement in house and Vendor based solutions
· Experience in supporting Systems Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
College degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience
Typically requires 10- 12 years of IT work experience
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.