JP Morgan is a world leader in derivatives trading and product innovation, with structured derivative products being a particular specialty. That means we need world class technologists in what is a complex, ever-changing business domain, where speed-to-market of technology solutions is often the driver of technology spend and decision-making.
Through cutting edge technology platforms, Equity Technology offers clients the ability to price and trade flow and exotic derivative products across multiple electronics mediums. The business model across the globe is unique and growing at a rapid pace. The team has built a state of the art, end-to-end solution for the business to expand and remain as the market leader in the e-Commerce of structured derivatives products.
The candidate will operate within this team focusing on delivering North America and global e-commerce / e-trading capabilities for this complex derivatives business.
We are actively seeking an expert level Java Application Developer to work in our structured derivatives sales platform team.
The team is within Equities technology and is responsible for the global delivery of a key revenue generating platform for the group.
The candidate will face off directly to Sales, Trade and QR teams to implement high and low touch strategic pricing and OMS's for the exotic and structured product set.
· 5+ Years work experience in Java 1.5+
· Experience in Java performance tuning and memory optimization
· Experience in Java Concurrency and Collections frameworks
· Experience in developing fast-paced, high performance, high throughput, low latency, distributed systems
· Experience in frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Ibatis, Maven
· Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices – Unit testing, Mocking frameworks (EasyMock, Mockito, PowerMock)
· Familiarity with Agile software development lifecycle and best practices like Scrum
· Familiarity with real time messaging concepts and technologies – Qpid, JMS
· Disciplined approach to software development and management including use to design patterns, and automated build, test and deployment practices
· Self-motivated, proactive, positive attitude, team-player and strong communication skills
· Big Data technologies and concepts – Cassandra, Mongo DB
· Other languages – C/C++, C#, Python, Scala
· RestFul Web Services
· Shell Scripting
· Apache Thrift, Google protobuff
· Experience working in financial services with specific knowledge about the Equities Cash and Derivatives business and its products
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.