Corporate Financial Reporting – Financial Analyst
Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) provides "best in class" reporting to both our internal and external clients. Best in class reporting would include informative, accurate, reliable and timely financial information that can be used by management to make sound financial decisions; for analysts to assess the Firm’s financial position; investors to make informed decisions and regulators to supervise and examine us appropriately. Our goal is to continuously improve the reporting process through enhancements to the control environment and to improve the operating model.
Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
This Analyst level role allows you to be a member of critical reporting teams. One team is responsible for controls around consolidation process for preparing consolidated quarterly financial statements (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) for JPMorgan Chase & Co. and JPMorgan Chase Bank the other is responsible for identifying, reviewing and assisting in the resolution of intercompany/inter-entity relationships within the Consolidated Firm.
Specifically, the individual will be responsible for the following tasks for various elements of the notes to accounts and other Regulatory Reports:
- Participate in various aspects for the production, review and filing of weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports filed with various regulatory agencies that are used by the regulators for compiling widely-used statistics on the levels of, and changes in, domestic and international portfolio positions.
- Develop proof & control procedures to ensure accurate reconciliation between regulatory filings, SEC filings and other published financial reports (e.g., Press Releases, Form 10-Q, Annual Report/Form 10-K, Call & FR Y-9).
- Develop and implement various control procedures and edit checks to ensure the integrity of reported financial results.
- Interpret and define regulatory/SEC requirements and coordinate internal and external policies.
- Roll-forward of templates for next quarter's reporting
We would also look for the candidate to look for ways to continue to enhance the controls and efficiency over the financial reporting processes.
Bachelors in commerce with relevant experience of 3-5 years
Strong accounting skills
Strong analytical skills
Excellent computer skills, especially in Excel. Knowledge of MS Access, FDW, business objects and SAP a plus
Very strong communications skills
Ability to partner and build relationships with LOB and Corporate partners
Ability to work independently
Ability to identify and communicate issues timely
Understanding of financial concepts.
Relevant experience is LEC domain is preferable.