AD Mainframe - Application Developer
MTS is an in-house developed application running on a mainframe using ADABAS, NATURAL & COBOL. This application supports 15 locations across ASIAPAC handles high value and time critical payments each day.
Working on projects as a Developer
Responsibilities will include:
· Understanding Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications
· Understanding existing program logic
· Providing and/or agreeing estimates for required development
· Creation/ update of Detailed Design Specifications, Program Specifications, and program Version Control documentation
· Coding of new programs and changes to existing programs
· Creation of Unit Test Plans, and execution of Unit Tests
· Preparation and execution of Systems Test Plans and Scripts
· Providing technical support for Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
· Providing technical support for User Acceptance Testing
· Creation of Implementation/ Backout Plans and Support Handover Documents
· Providing technical support for Production Implementations, and post-implementation support during implementation warranty period
· Systems application development skills
· Strong analysis & problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision
· Proven ability to use own initiative to resolve issues
· Full ownership of projects/tasks
· Ability and willingness to work under pressure, on multiple concurrent tasks, and to deliver to agreed deadlines
· Eagerness to learn
· Strong team working skills
· Multiple years' Application Development experience in a mainframe environment, including coding using ADABAS/Natural and COBOL.
· Experience of development of CICS tasks
· Experience of mainframe facilities TSO, CA7, NDM, SYNCSORT
· Experience of MQ (message transfer process)
· Knowledge and experience of Microsoft PROJECT, WORD, EXCEL applications
· Knowledge of a Project Life Cycle with specific experience of the stages from Design through to Implementation.
· Experience of development of financial applications, including financial transaction processing, settlement, and accounting
· Familiarity with SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) Message formats
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.