JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization works closely with the Global Financial Crimes Committee (GFCC) and Lines of Businesses (LOBs) to implement a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting clients along the Know Your Client (KYC) lifecycle including functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, and quality assurance.
The KYC Utility will promote further centralization and consistency of operational KYC activities across all LOBs. This role will provide the opportunity to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help implement best practices within JP Morgan.
The primary responsibility of the KYC Operations Manager is to oversee a team of KYC Operations Analyst and Reviewers to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and to drive high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships.
The KYC Operations Manager must have excellent customer service standards to define, analyze, and resolve inquiries and escalations and must be able to closely manage day to day operations of the team/department. The KYC Operations Manager must proactively and strategically improve processes to ensure team members are high performing and meeting the firm wide quality standard.
· Understanding and implementation of KYC standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
· Selection, performance management, and overall development of employees within their assigned team
· Perform day to day management of a team of KYC Operations Analysts and Reviewers, including coaching and providing ongoing performance feedback
· Conducts analysis of daily/monthly metrics to track performance of individual team members over time to evaluate performance, learning, and capability
· Effectively address any issues that might be escalated by either internal or external customers
· Identify special training needs that may benefit team members to increase team efficiency and quality
· Proactively highlight potential issues to management
· Drive Process improvements and implement process changes as necessary
· Identify root causes, understand connections and implications and evaluate alternatives
· Make decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
· Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
· Graduate Degree/Post Graduate/MBA
· Minimum 10-12 years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance, KYC and Screening
· Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
· Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
· Strong relationship building skills to influence/negotiate desired outcomes
· Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to see a successful resolution and broker the solution to applicable key managers
· Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures, ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
· Strong leader who can has experience with managing medium to large teams in an operational environment, able to show direction and guidance on a regular basis
· Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team, ideally has experience with leading a new team where there is limited knowledge in place and needs to be developed over time.
· Possess strong computer skills: Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
· Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
· Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment
· Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.