As an Application Developer, you will participate in product development sessions with business owners, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and proposed solutions. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into all application design specifications.
Additionally, you may be required to document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application code and develop/enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are align to architectural guidelines, identify/troubleshoot application related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required documentation.
- Understand/apply reusable code design, leverage application architecture/framework capabilities and functionality, and design/develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable, and perform to meet business-defined service levels.
- Work with Product owners to help shape the direction of the product based on a combined knowledge of what's technically feasible and what is desired by the end user.
- Contribute to the technical code and design documentation.
- Conduct code reviews and ensuring quality solutions are built and tested.
- Identify and implement improvements to products.
- Provide production support and issue triage for products.
- Software Development Experience - 5+ years
- 5+ years of hands-on Progress 4GL experience with versions 9.x – 10.x.
- 3+ years of experience in Web Services, SONIC MQ and web client technology
- 5+ years WebSpeed, speedScript and embedded scripting
- A minimum of 5 years experience with SonicMQ
- Thorough knowledge of Progress and SQL architectures
- 3+ years experience with Unix
- Eclipse - 3+ years Experience
- Mature design pattern usage - 3+ years of Project Experience
- Mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of web services technology and SOA practices
- Experience with CVS or Subversion, Jira, Greenhopper a plus
- Experience with agile development processes, specifically SCRUM or XP
- Demonstrable experience to technically design and architect enterprise class applications.
- Understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design and Component analysis
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- Excellent prioritization and time management.
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
- An ability to balance multiple time-critical tasks at the same time
- The ability to motivate and influence others.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.